- 1 What is the closest major airport to Missoula Montana?
- 2 Where do you fly into for Missoula Montana?
- 3 Does Southwest fly into Missoula?
- 4 Do you need a car in Missoula?
- 5 Does Southwest fly to Montana?
- 6 What is the biggest airport in Montana?
- 7 Is Missoula airport big?
- 8 What airlines fly in and out of Missoula Montana?
- 9 What cities have direct flights to Missoula?
- 10 What cities fly direct to Missoula?
- 11 Does Southwest Airlines fly to VPS?
- 12 Why are there no rental cars in Missoula Montana?
What is the closest major airport to Missoula Montana?
The closest major airport to Missoula, Montana is Missoula International Airport (MSO / KMSO). This airport is 7 miles from the center of Missoula, MT. If you’re looking for domestic flights to MSO, check the airlines that fly to MSO.
Where do you fly into for Missoula Montana?
‘ The Missoula International Airport (Johnson-Bell Field) is a vital part of the western Montana regional airport system and an integral part of the transportation infrastructure of the region. The airport and surrounding area provide visitors arriving by air, with a favorable first impression of Montana.
Does Southwest fly into Missoula?
Missoula is serviced by four commercial airlines that have regular flights in and out of Missoula. Southwest Airlines is one of several additional airlines that serve Spokane. Flights into Kalispell, Helena, and Butte are also options for those looking to see more of Montana, with Missoula an easy 120 miles or so away.
Do you need a car in Missoula?
Yes. You can live without a car in Missoula. Many people will say it is MANDATORY to have a car in Montana.
Does Southwest fly to Montana?
Now, the airline has added additional flights to two travel hotspots: Florida and Bozeman, Montana. This will be Southwest Airline’s first destination in Montana. Flights to Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport will take off from airports in Denver and Las Vegas starting at $40 beginning May 27.
What is the biggest airport in Montana?
Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport – IATA Code – BZN (~ 1.5 M Passengers) Bozeman Airport is a small-hub US airport located in the city of Belgrade, about 13 km from Bozeman City. Formerly known as the Field Airport, it is the largest one in Montana.
Is Missoula airport big?
The airport covers 2,700 acres (1,093 ha) at an elevation of 3,206 feet (977 m). It has two asphalt runways: 12/30 is 9,501 by 150 feet (2,896 x 46 m) and 8/26 is 4,612 by 75 feet (1,406 x 23 m).
What airlines fly in and out of Missoula Montana?
Airlines + Destinations
- ALASKA AIRLINES. Phone. 800-252-7522. Year Round Service.
- ALLEGIANT AIR. Phone. 702-505-8888. Year Round Service.
- AMERICAN AIRLINES. Phone. 800-433-7300. Year Round Service.
- DELTA AIRLINES. Phone. 800-221-1212. Year Round Service.
- FRONTIER AIRLINES. Phone. 801-401-9000.
- UNITED AIRLINES. Phone. 800-864-8331.
What cities have direct flights to Missoula?
From Los Angeles, there are 4 airlines that have direct services to Missoula, which are Alaska (Oneworld), Allegiant, American Airlines (Oneworld) and Delta (SkyTeam). From Minneapolis, direct flights are offered by Delta (SkyTeam). From Oakland, East Bay and Phoenix, you can fly with Allegiant.
What cities fly direct to Missoula?
Domestic non stop flights from Missoula may fly to:
- Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas – DFW – Envoy Air.
- Denver, Colorado – DEN – SkyWest Airlines, United, Trans States Airlines.
- Las Vegas, Nevada – LAS – Allegiant Air.
- Minneapolis, Minnesota – MSP – Delta.
- Phoenix, Arizona – AZA – Allegiant Air.
- Portland, Oregon – PDX – Horizon Air.
Does Southwest Airlines fly to VPS?
Southwest Airlines® is now offering direct flights to the Destin-Fort-Walton Beach Airport. Southwest Airlines travelers will now be able to fly into Valpariso (VPS) just 30 minutes from downtown Destin. Flights begin May 2021 for late spring and summer beach travel to Destin–Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS).
Why are there no rental cars in Missoula Montana?
MISSOULA, Mont. – Many people across the county, especially in Montana, are currently not able to reserve or book a rental car today or for summer travel. This is due to COVID’s impact on supply and demand from the manufactures. The rental car shortage is expected to last further into 2021.