- 1 How far is Deer Lodge MT from Missoula MT?
- 2 Is Missoula worth visiting?
- 3 What is Missoula Montana known for?
- 4 What is in Deer Lodge MT?
- 5 How far is Deer Lodge from Butte?
- 6 Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
- 7 What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
- 8 What is the prettiest city in Montana?
- 9 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 10 Are there rattlesnakes in Missoula MT?
- 11 What is Deer Lodge MT known for?
- 12 What restaurants are in Deer Lodge Montana?
- 13 What is Deer Lodge known for?
How far is Deer Lodge MT from Missoula MT?
The total driving distance from Deer Lodge, MT to Missoula, MT is 81 miles or 130 kilometers.
Is Missoula worth visiting?
It is exactly the type of place I love visiting. A vibrant arts culture, foodie cafes & restaurants, an up and coming craft beer scene, and known to have some of the friendliest people around. It’s also a place with rustic architecture and is incredibly photogenic no matter the season.
What is Missoula Montana known for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. And we proudly live our history – Native American and Lewis & Clark to Smokejumpers and Glacial Lake Missoula.
What is in Deer Lodge MT?
10 Things to do in the Deer Lodge Area
- Old Prison Museum Complex. Photo: Eric Bunting.
- Grant-Kohrs Ranch.
- Sculpture in the Wild.
- Garnet Ghost Town.
- Fish the Little Blackfoot.
- Hi-Country Trading Post.
- Bob Marshall Wilderness.
- Warm Springs WMA, Browns Lake, Blackfoot Waterfowl Area.
How far is Deer Lodge from Butte?
The total driving distance from Butte, MT to Deer Lodge, MT is 37 miles or 60 kilometers.
Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
Missoula has a population of 72,364, making it both Montana’s second largest city and the 494th largest US city. Missoula has an average monthly rent of $852 which is substantially below the national average rent. The cost of living in Missoula is substantially lower than the national average.
What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
They are: ‘The Clark Fork Valley’ to the West, the ‘Flathead Valley ‘ to the North, the ‘Blackfoot Valley’ to the NE, the ‘Deerlodge Valley’ to the East and the ‘Bitterroot Valley’ to the South.
What is the prettiest city in Montana?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Montana
- Bozeman. Architectural Landmark.
- Whitefish. Architectural Landmark.
- Hamilton. Architectural Landmark.
- Polson. Architectural Landmark.
- Lewistown. Architectural Landmark.
- West Yellowstone. Architectural Landmark.
- Anaconda. Architectural Landmark.
- Butte. Architectural Landmark.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
Are there rattlesnakes in Missoula MT?
He wrote a book about amphibians and reptiles in Montana and says while there are rattlesnakes that live around Missoula, they don’t often make their way to town.
What is Deer Lodge MT known for?
Deer Lodge’s 1,500-acre Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site illustrates the development of the northern plains cattle industry from the 1850s to recent times. This was the headquarters of one of the largest and best known 19th-century range ranches in the country.
What restaurants are in Deer Lodge Montana?
Top Restaurants in Deer Lodge
- Louies Montana Pastys.
- Yak Yak’s.
- Broken Arrow Steak House & Casino.
- Lochsa Lodge and Restaurant.
- 406 bistro.
- Sesame Wok.
- River Rock Cafe.
What is Deer Lodge known for?
ABOUT DEER LODGE THE CITY IS PERHAPS BEST KNOWN AS THE HOME OF THE MONTANA STATE PRISON, A MAJOR LOCAL EMPLOYER. MORE MUSEUMS AND HISTORICAL COLLECTIONS CAN BE FOUND HERE THAN IN ANY OTHER TOWN IN THE NORTHWEST.