- 1 Is Missoula worth visiting?
- 2 What is Missoula Montana famous for?
- 3 What is open in Missoula Montana?
- 4 How cold does it get in Missoula Montana?
- 5 What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
- 6 Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
- 7 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 8 What is the prettiest part of Montana?
- 9 What is the best month to visit Montana?
- 10 Where can I hang out in Missoula MT?
- 11 What is there to see between Missoula and Yellowstone?
- 12 How bad are the winters in Missoula Montana?
- 13 How many months is cold in Montana?
- 14 How many days of sun does Missoula Montana get?
Is Missoula worth visiting?
It is exactly the type of place I love visiting. A vibrant arts culture, foodie cafes & restaurants, an up and coming craft beer scene, and known to have some of the friendliest people around. It’s also a place with rustic architecture and is incredibly photogenic no matter the season.
What is Missoula Montana famous for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless.
What is open in Missoula Montana?
Best open late in Missoula, MT
- Pie Hole. 1.0 mi. 92 reviews. $ Pizza.
- Gild. 1.1 mi. 50 reviews. Tacos, Brewpubs.
- Westside Lanes & Fun Center. 0.6 mi. Bowling.
- Enlyten Lab. 1.1 mi. Float Spa.
- WOW World of Wonders. 1.9 mi. 1 review.
- Five Valleys Bowling Center. 2.1 mi. Bowling.
- Locals Only. 0.9 mi. Tacos, Bars.
- The Rhino. 0.9 mi. 50 reviews.
How cold does it get in Missoula Montana?
In Missoula, the summers are short, warm, and mostly clear; the winters are freezing and partly cloudy; and it is dry year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 18°F to 87°F and is rarely below 2°F or above 96°F.
What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
They are: ‘The Clark Fork Valley’ to the West, the ‘Flathead Valley ‘ to the North, the ‘Blackfoot Valley’ to the NE, the ‘Deerlodge Valley’ to the East and the ‘Bitterroot Valley’ to the South.
Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
Missoula has a population of 72,364, making it both Montana’s second largest city and the 494th largest US city. Missoula has an average monthly rent of $852 which is substantially below the national average rent. The cost of living in Missoula is substantially lower than the national average.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
What is the prettiest part of Montana?
Montana in Pictures: 15 Beautiful Places to Photograph
- Going-to-the-Sun Road. Going-to-the-Sun Road.
- Whitefish Mountain. Big Mountain in Whitefish, Montana.
- Mammoth Hot Springs. Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone.
- Lone Mountain. Big Sky Resort, Lone Mountain.
- Lake McDonald.
- Flathead Lake.
- Gates of the Mountains.
- 8. Logan Pass.
What is the best month to visit Montana?
The ideal months for Montana travel are July and August, when the must-see attractions are up and running, the crowds are not overwhelming, and the temperature is most comfortable.
Where can I hang out in Missoula MT?
15 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Missoula
- Walk or Bike the Clark Fork Riverfront Trail.
- Hike the “M” Trail.
- Tour the Smokejumper Visitor Center.
- Explore the Rattlesnake National Recreation Area.
- Go Fly Fishing.
- Enjoy the Nice Weather at Caras Park.
- Catch a Show at the Historic Wilma Theater.
What is there to see between Missoula and Yellowstone?
Our Favorite Stops between Glacier and Yellowstone
- Sculpture in the Wild | Lincoln, MT.
- Virginia & Nevada Cities.
- Lewis & Clark Caverns.
- Historic Uptown Butte.
- Gates of the Mountains.
- Big Hole National Battlefield.
- Grant-Kohrs National Historic Site | Deer Lodge, MT.
How bad are the winters in Missoula Montana?
In the winter, the Continental Divide shields the Missoula area from much of the severely cold arctic air that moves down from Canada. When this happens, cold air is funneled through Hellgate Canyon; severe blizzards can result. After the valleys of western Montana fill with cold air, prolonged cold spells can occur.
How many months is cold in Montana?
The cold season lasts for 3.2 months, from November 18 to February 25, with an average daily high temperature below 40°F. The coldest day of the year is January 1, with an average low of 12°F and high of 29°F.
How many days of sun does Missoula Montana get?
On average, there are 159 sunny days per year in Missoula. The US average is 205 sunny days. Missoula gets some kind of precipitation, on average, 120 days per year. Precipitation is rain, snow, sleet, or hail that falls to the ground.