- 1 Where in Montana is Missoula located?
- 2 What is Missoula Montana famous for?
- 3 Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
- 4 Is Missoula worth visiting?
- 5 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 6 What is the prettiest part of Montana?
- 7 Is Missoula Montana safe?
- 8 What is the best month to visit Montana?
- 9 What should I know before moving to Missoula?
- 10 What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
- 11 How far is Missoula from Canada?
- 12 Is Missoula a college town?
Where in Montana is Missoula located?
Missoula is located at the western edge of Montana, approximately 45 miles (70 km) from the Idaho border. The city is at an elevation of 3,209 feet (978 m) above sea level, with nearby Mount Sentinel and Mount Jumbo steeply rising to 5,158 feet (1,572 m) and 4,768 feet (1,453 m), respectively.
What is Missoula Montana famous for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless.
Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
Is Missoula worth visiting?
It is exactly the type of place I love visiting. A vibrant arts culture, foodie cafes & restaurants, an up and coming craft beer scene, and known to have some of the friendliest people around. It’s also a place with rustic architecture and is incredibly photogenic no matter the season.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
What is the prettiest part of Montana?
Montana in Pictures: 15 Beautiful Places to Photograph
- Going-to-the-Sun Road. Going-to-the-Sun Road.
- Whitefish Mountain. Big Mountain in Whitefish, Montana.
- Mammoth Hot Springs. Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone.
- Lone Mountain. Big Sky Resort, Lone Mountain.
- Lake McDonald.
- Flathead Lake.
- Gates of the Mountains.
- 8. Logan Pass.
Is Missoula Montana safe?
Missoula, MT crime analytics With a crime rate of 45 per one thousand residents, Missoula has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 22.
What is the best month to visit Montana?
The ideal months for Montana travel are July and August, when the must-see attractions are up and running, the crowds are not overwhelming, and the temperature is most comfortable.
What should I know before moving to Missoula?
15 Things To Know Before Moving To Missoula Montana
- Montana Has Low Population.
- You Will Want To Explore Nature.
- Cost Of Living Below The National Average.
- Public Universities Are Worth Considering Here.
- You Will Find Beautiful Houses.
- Montana Is A Divided State Politically.
- You Might Want A Car With 4-Wheel Drive.
What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
They are: ‘The Clark Fork Valley’ to the West, the ‘Flathead Valley ‘ to the North, the ‘Blackfoot Valley’ to the NE, the ‘Deerlodge Valley’ to the East and the ‘Bitterroot Valley’ to the South.
How far is Missoula from Canada?
The distance between Missoula and Canada is 1625 km. The road distance is 3445 km.
Is Missoula a college town?
This week, The American Institute for Economic Research named Missoula, Montana one of the Top 20 College towns in America. The study included student life, town culture, opportunity, and overall economic health in the ranking of each town.