- 1 Can you swim in Georgetown Lake MT?
- 2 How far is Anaconda from Georgetown Lake?
- 3 What town is Georgetown Lake in Montana?
- 4 What kind of fish are in Georgetown Lake Montana?
- 5 Is Georgetown Lake thawed?
- 6 How deep is Georgetown Lake Montana?
- 7 How far is Anaconda from Butte?
- 8 Is Georgetown Lake man made?
- 9 How old is Georgetown Colorado?
- 10 How do you get to Georgetown Lake Montana?
- 11 Can you fish with corn in Montana?
- 12 Does Kokanee salmon go to Ocean?
- 13 What lakes are frozen in Colorado?
Can you swim in Georgetown Lake MT?
Whether you like to swim in a lake or like your water hot or cold, there is something for everyone. Dive off your boat or wade in from the shore. Georgetown Lake is shallow so it warms quickly in the summer. Put on some fins and a mask and spot some of those monster trout.
How far is Anaconda from Georgetown Lake?
Easily accessible from Montana Highway 1, Georgetown Lake is located approximately 18 miles west of Anaconda.
What town is Georgetown Lake in Montana?
Georgetown Reservoir is a high elevation reservoir located in southwestern Montana, about 8 miles south of the town of Philipsburg.
What kind of fish are in Georgetown Lake Montana?
Fishing for rainbow trout, cutthroat trout, brook trout, lake trout and kokanee salmon at Georgetown Lake in Montana. A trout fishing paradise and a fly fisherman’s dream, Georgetown Lake is a fertile, 2,800-acre lake providing excellent trout fishing for both quality and quantity.
Is Georgetown Lake thawed?
Georgetown Lake is closed to fishing until May 15, 2021.
How deep is Georgetown Lake Montana?
At 6,425 feet above sea level, averaging 16 feet in depth, Georgetown Lake expands over 3700 acres. It is nestled within three mountain ranges; the Anaconda Pintlers to the South, the Sapphire Range to the West and the Flint Creek Range to the East.
How far is Anaconda from Butte?
There are 21.53 miles from Anaconda to Butte in southeast direction and 24 miles (38.62 kilometers) by car, following the I-90 E route. Anaconda and Butte are 22 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Is Georgetown Lake man made?
Planned as part of a flood control measure for the Brazos River System, a dam creating Lake Georgetown was completed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in 1979. The lake and adjoining parks and recreational facilities were opened in 1981.
How old is Georgetown Colorado?
The town was founded in 1869 during the Pike’s Peak Gold Rush by George and David Griffith, two prospectors from Kentucky. It was named “Georgetown” in honor of the older of the two brothers.
How do you get to Georgetown Lake Montana?
Georgetown Lake is located 18 miles west of Anaconda, MT, off MT Hwy 1. From Missoula, travel approximately 50 miles east on I-90 before taking exit 153 for MT -1 toward Drummond/Phillipsburg. Continue 37 miles south on MT -1 and then turn right onto Georgetown Lake Road.
Can you fish with corn in Montana?
In most cases, it is legal and safe to use corn for bait where bait is allowed. If you have never tried fishing with corn, give it a go.
Does Kokanee salmon go to Ocean?
Kokanee are land-locked sockeye salmon. This means that they do not travel to the ocean and return inland to spawn, instead they complete their entire life cycle in Lake Coeur d’Alene. Their life cycle is 4 years long.
What lakes are frozen in Colorado?
8 Ice Fishing Lakes in Colorado
- Eleven Mile Reservoir. Nearest towns: Hartsel, Fairplay, Lake George.
- Harvey Gap Reservoir. Nearest towns: Rifle, Glenwood Springs.
- Trinidad Lake State Park. Nearest town: Trinidad.
- Chatfield Reservoir. Nearest towns: Centennial, Denver.
- Crawford Reservoir. Nearest towns: Crawford, Hotchkiss.