- 1 What is there to do between Missoula and Glacier?
- 2 Is Missoula near Glacier National Park?
- 3 What is there to see between Missoula and Yellowstone?
- 4 How far is Glacier National Park from Missoula airport?
- 5 Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
- 6 How long does it take to drive through Glacier National Park?
- 7 What is the best month to visit Glacier National Park?
- 8 Where do you stop at Glacier National Park?
- 9 What airport is closest to Glacier National Park?
- 10 What’s better Glacier National Park or Yellowstone?
- 11 How many days do you need in Yellowstone?
- 12 How far apart are Glacier National Park from Yellowstone?
- 13 Which entrance is best for Glacier National Park?
- 14 Where does Southwest fly close to Glacier National Park?
- 15 How far is Whitefish Montana from Glacier?
What is there to do between Missoula and Glacier?
8 Stops on the Way from Missoula to Glacier National Park
- Missoula Art Museum. You’ll experience Montana’s vibrant art scene at the Missoula Art Museum, known as MAM.
- Hike the M in Missoula.
- 1889 Restaurant.
- Brennan’s Wave.
- Windmill Village Bakery.
- National Bison Range.
- Flathead Lake.
- Downtown Kalispell.
Is Missoula near Glacier National Park?
Glacier National Park is 137.6 miles from Missoula, MT. It takes about 2 h 29 min (137.6 mi) via US-93 N and Mont Hwy 35 W.
What is there to see between Missoula and Yellowstone?
Our Favorite Stops between Glacier and Yellowstone
- Sculpture in the Wild | Lincoln, MT.
- Virginia & Nevada Cities.
- Lewis & Clark Caverns.
- Historic Uptown Butte.
- Gates of the Mountains.
- Big Hole National Battlefield.
- Grant-Kohrs National Historic Site | Deer Lodge, MT.
How far is Glacier National Park from Missoula airport?
The distance between Glacier National Park and Missoula Airport (MSO) is 123 miles.
Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
Missoula is considered the arts capital of Montana, and even though I knew that before arrival, I was still impressed by the many art galleries, funky artwork, and overall appreciation for the finer things in life that I found. If you’re still hankering for some culture, Missoula also has a FREE art museum.
How long does it take to drive through Glacier National Park?
Without stopping, it takes at least 2 hours to drive the full 50 miles of Going-to-the-Sun Road.
What is the best month to visit Glacier National Park?
The best time to visit Glacier National Park is in July and August. This is the peak season for visitors, with daytime temperatures averaging in the low 80s and nighttime temps dipping into the 40s (pack layers, as well as a good rain jacket).
Where do you stop at Glacier National Park?
The next time you visit Montana’s crown jewel, consider extending your trip long enough to explore a couple of these spots.
- The Museum of the Plains Indian and Blackfeet Heritage Center in Browning.
- The Huckleberry Patch in Hungry Horse.
- The Hungry Horse Reservoir.
What airport is closest to Glacier National Park?
Glacier Park International Airport (FCA) is the gateway to northwest Montana and the closest airport to Glacier National Park. The airport is in Kalispell, just 12 miles from the town of Whitefish and 30 miles from the West Entrance of Glacier National Park.
What’s better Glacier National Park or Yellowstone?
Glacier is much more rugged than Yellowstone. Hiking will demand much more physical ability and skill. The whole park is much higher than Yellowstone, so animals and plant life will be quite a bit different than what you find in Yellowstone. That is, if you want to see bison, you’d better head for Yellowstone.
How many days do you need in Yellowstone?
Ideally, you need at least three or four days to visit Yellowstone National Park. However, if you are short on time, you can get to the main highlights, even if you just have a day or two.
How far apart are Glacier National Park from Yellowstone?
The total distance from Yellowstone to Glacier National Park is anywhere between 368 miles to 402 miles depending on the route you take. You could definitely complete the drive from Yellowstone National Park to Glacier National Park in 6 to 7 hours in one day without stops.
Which entrance is best for Glacier National Park?
The best way to do one day in Glacier is to start at the East Entrance and work your way over the Going To The Sun Road towards the West Entrance. However, accommodation options are really limited on that side of the park.
Where does Southwest fly close to Glacier National Park?
Southwest (29 miles) of the park is its closest city neighbor, Kalispell, followed by Missoula from the south (150 miles), and Great Falls from the southeast (200 miles).
How far is Whitefish Montana from Glacier?
Only 27 miles from Whitefish, the park’s scenery, wildlife and history are not to be missed. The Going to-the Sun Road, a national historic landmark, can be traveled by personal car, hiking shuttle or a historic Red Bus Tour.