- 1 Is Great Falls MT safe?
- 2 How far is Great Falls MT from Missoula MT?
- 3 Is Missoula worth visiting?
- 4 What is Missoula Montana known for?
- 5 What are the downfalls of living in Montana?
- 6 Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
- 7 What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
- 8 What is the prettiest city in Montana?
- 9 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 10 Are there rattlesnakes in Missoula, MT?
Is Great Falls MT safe?
According to one study, Great Falls ranks in the top 10 of the safest cities in the Treasure State. Some Great Falls residents said they totally agree.
How far is Great Falls MT from Missoula MT?
Distance from Great Falls, MT to Missoula, MT There are 134.34 miles from Great Falls to Missoula in southwest direction and 203 miles (326.70 kilometers) by car, following the US-12 route.
Is Missoula worth visiting?
It is exactly the type of place I love visiting. A vibrant arts culture, foodie cafes & restaurants, an up and coming craft beer scene, and known to have some of the friendliest people around. It’s also a place with rustic architecture and is incredibly photogenic no matter the season.
What is Missoula Montana known for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. And we proudly live our history – Native American and Lewis & Clark to Smokejumpers and Glacial Lake Missoula.
What are the downfalls of living in Montana?
- Cold winters. Being one of the north-western states, Montana can experience unpredictable swings of temperature.
- Many tourists.
- Predators and wildlife.
- Many ranches and farms.
- Lack of housing.
- Minimum of amenities.
- A necessity to be self-sufficient.
Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
Missoula has a population of 72,364, making it both Montana’s second largest city and the 494th largest US city. Missoula has an average monthly rent of $852 which is substantially below the national average rent. The cost of living in Missoula is substantially lower than the national average.
What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
They are: ‘The Clark Fork Valley’ to the West, the ‘Flathead Valley ‘ to the North, the ‘Blackfoot Valley’ to the NE, the ‘Deerlodge Valley’ to the East and the ‘Bitterroot Valley’ to the South.
What is the prettiest city in Montana?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Montana
- Bozeman. Architectural Landmark.
- Whitefish. Architectural Landmark.
- Hamilton. Architectural Landmark.
- Polson. Architectural Landmark.
- Lewistown. Architectural Landmark.
- West Yellowstone. Architectural Landmark.
- Anaconda. Architectural Landmark.
- Butte. Architectural Landmark.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
Are there rattlesnakes in Missoula, MT?
He wrote a book about amphibians and reptiles in Montana and says while there are rattlesnakes that live around Missoula, they don’t often make their way to town.