- 1 What is Hamilton Montana known for?
- 2 How far is it from Three Forks Montana to Hamilton Montana?
- 3 What is Missoula Montana known for?
- 4 Is Hamilton Montana safe?
- 5 How far is Lake Como from Hamilton?
- 6 What is there to do in Hamilton Montana today?
- 7 Is Hamilton Montana a good place to retire?
- 8 What is the prettiest city in Montana?
- 9 Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
- 10 Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
- 11 What is the crime rate in Hamilton Montana?
- 12 How did Hamilton Montana get its name?
What is Hamilton Montana known for?
Anchoring the Bitterroot Valley, the well-rounded town of Hamilton—the valley’s largest community—offers theater, live music, local breweries, golf, a hopping downtown and easy access to hiking and backpacking in the Bitterroot Mountains.
How far is it from Three Forks Montana to Hamilton Montana?
Distance from Three Forks, MT to Hamilton, MT There are 127.16 miles from Three Forks to Hamilton in west direction and 220 miles (354.06 kilometers) by car, following the I-90 W route.
What is Missoula Montana known for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. And we proudly live our history – Native American and Lewis & Clark to Smokejumpers and Glacial Lake Missoula.
Is Hamilton Montana safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Hamilton is 1 in 30. Based on FBI crime data, Hamilton is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Montana, Hamilton has a crime rate that is higher than 91% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
How far is Lake Como from Hamilton?
From Highway 93 head west on Lake Como Road ( about 8 miles south of Hamilton).
What is there to do in Hamilton Montana today?
10 Top-Rated Things to Do in Hamilton, MT
- Tour the Daly Mansion. Daly Mansion | SheltieBoy / photo modified.
- Fly Fish the Bitterroot River.
- Explore the Bitterroot National Forest.
- Swim in Lake Como.
- Ski at Lost Trail.
- Grab a Bite to Eat in Hamilton.
- Road Trip from Hamilton.
- Cross-Country Ski at Chief Joseph Pass.
Is Hamilton Montana a good place to retire?
Hamilton is a town in Montana with a population of 4,723. Living in Hamilton offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents rent their homes. Many retirees live in Hamilton and residents tend to be conservative. The public schools in Hamilton are above average.
What is the prettiest city in Montana?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Montana
- Bozeman. Architectural Landmark.
- Whitefish. Architectural Landmark.
- Hamilton. Architectural Landmark.
- Polson. Architectural Landmark.
- Lewistown. Architectural Landmark.
- West Yellowstone. Architectural Landmark.
- Anaconda. Architectural Landmark.
- Butte. Architectural Landmark.
Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
Missoula is considered the arts capital of Montana, and even though I knew that before arrival, I was still impressed by the many art galleries, funky artwork, and overall appreciation for the finer things in life that I found. If you’re still hankering for some culture, Missoula also has a FREE art museum.
Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
Missoula has a population of 72,364, making it both Montana’s second largest city and the 494th largest US city. Missoula has an average monthly rent of $852 which is substantially below the national average rent. The cost of living in Missoula is substantially lower than the national average.
What is the crime rate in Hamilton Montana?
The 2019 crime rate in Hamilton, MT is 319 (City-Data.com crime index), which is about the average for the U.S. cities. It was higher than in 86.3% U.S. cities.
How did Hamilton Montana get its name?
The town of Hamilton was incorporated in 1894 and was named after James Hamilton, a Daly employee, who platted the town along the route of the Northern Pacific Railway in 1890.