- 1 What is Missoula Montana known for?
- 2 How far is Seattle from Missoula Montana?
- 3 Is Missoula worth visiting?
- 4 What is the prettiest city in Montana?
- 5 Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
- 6 What is there to see between Missoula and Yellowstone?
- 7 Is Butte Montana worth visiting?
- 8 What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
- 9 What is the cheapest city to live in Montana?
- 10 What town in Montana has the best weather?
- 11 Are mosquitoes bad in Montana?
What is Missoula Montana known for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. And we proudly live our history – Native American and Lewis & Clark to Smokejumpers and Glacial Lake Missoula.
How far is Seattle from Missoula Montana?
There are 393.99 miles from Missoula to Seattle in west direction and 477 miles (767.66 kilometers) by car, following the I-90 W route.
Is Missoula worth visiting?
It is exactly the type of place I love visiting. A vibrant arts culture, foodie cafes & restaurants, an up and coming craft beer scene, and known to have some of the friendliest people around. It’s also a place with rustic architecture and is incredibly photogenic no matter the season.
What is the prettiest city in Montana?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Montana
- Bozeman. Architectural Landmark.
- Whitefish. Architectural Landmark.
- Hamilton. Architectural Landmark.
- Polson. Architectural Landmark.
- Lewistown. Architectural Landmark.
- West Yellowstone. Architectural Landmark.
- Anaconda. Architectural Landmark.
- Butte. Architectural Landmark.
Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
Missoula has a population of 72,364, making it both Montana’s second largest city and the 494th largest US city. Missoula has an average monthly rent of $852 which is substantially below the national average rent. The cost of living in Missoula is substantially lower than the national average.
What is there to see between Missoula and Yellowstone?
Our Favorite Stops between Glacier and Yellowstone
- Sculpture in the Wild | Lincoln, MT.
- Virginia & Nevada Cities.
- Lewis & Clark Caverns.
- Historic Uptown Butte.
- Gates of the Mountains.
- Big Hole National Battlefield.
- Grant-Kohrs National Historic Site | Deer Lodge, MT.
Is Butte Montana worth visiting?
The Most Montana Town Ever And Why You Need To Visit Stroll the streets of historic downtown Butte and you’ll see pieces of its past. The city is rooted in mining history and all that goes with it. This is one of the few museums in the world located on an actual mine yard, and it’s a place where history comes to life.
What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
They are: ‘The Clark Fork Valley’ to the West, the ‘Flathead Valley ‘ to the North, the ‘Blackfoot Valley’ to the NE, the ‘Deerlodge Valley’ to the East and the ‘Bitterroot Valley’ to the South.
What is the cheapest city to live in Montana?
The 5 Most Affordable Cities in Montana
- Billings. Home to about 106,000 people, Billings is Montana’s largest city.
- Great Falls. Great Falls, often described as a “cowboy version of Mayberry,” offers a small-town experience at the confluence of the Missouri and Sun rivers.
What town in Montana has the best weather?
I live in Billings Montana, which is suppose to be the best weather in Montana. Well if you love winter, wind, snow and rain for 10-11 months out of the year then this is the place for you! Alot of the locals will not admit to this but it is the truth the last few years this is the weather.
Are mosquitoes bad in Montana?
While mosquitoes are not a problem in some parts of Montana and many other places might be skeeter-free one year and bad for them the next, a good rule of thumb is to pack the repellant everywhere you go in the summertime.