- 1 Where in Montana is Missoula located?
- 2 What is Missoula Montana known for?
- 3 Is Missoula dangerous?
- 4 Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
- 5 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 6 What is the prettiest city in Montana?
- 7 Is Missoula worth visiting?
- 8 Are there rattlesnakes in Missoula MT?
- 9 What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
- 10 Is Bozeman Montana safe?
- 11 What should I know before moving to Missoula?
- 12 Does Missoula have a homeless problem?
Where in Montana is Missoula located?
Missoula is located at the western edge of Montana, approximately 45 miles (70 km) from the Idaho border. The city is at an elevation of 3,209 feet (978 m) above sea level, with nearby Mount Sentinel and Mount Jumbo steeply rising to 5,158 feet (1,572 m) and 4,768 feet (1,453 m), respectively.
What is Missoula Montana known for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. And we proudly live our history – Native American and Lewis & Clark to Smokejumpers and Glacial Lake Missoula.
Is Missoula dangerous?
Missoula is in the 31st percentile for safety, meaning 69% of cities are safer and 31% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Missoula is 36.03 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
What is the prettiest city in Montana?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Montana
- Bozeman. Architectural Landmark.
- Whitefish. Architectural Landmark.
- Hamilton. Architectural Landmark.
- Polson. Architectural Landmark.
- Lewistown. Architectural Landmark.
- West Yellowstone. Architectural Landmark.
- Anaconda. Architectural Landmark.
- Butte. Architectural Landmark.
Is Missoula worth visiting?
It is exactly the type of place I love visiting. A vibrant arts culture, foodie cafes & restaurants, an up and coming craft beer scene, and known to have some of the friendliest people around. It’s also a place with rustic architecture and is incredibly photogenic no matter the season.
Are there rattlesnakes in Missoula MT?
He wrote a book about amphibians and reptiles in Montana and says while there are rattlesnakes that live around Missoula, they don’t often make their way to town.
What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
Ronan City is ranked first for violent crime in Montana.
Is Bozeman Montana safe?
– The National Council for Home Safety and Security has rated Bozeman as having the second-lowest crime rate in Montana. Kalispell was ranked as the safest city with the lowest number of crimes overall, but when you look closer at the statistics, Bozeman has the least amount of crimes committed per 1,000 people.
What should I know before moving to Missoula?
15 Things To Know Before Moving To Missoula Montana
- Montana Has Low Population.
- You Will Want To Explore Nature.
- Cost Of Living Below The National Average.
- Public Universities Are Worth Considering Here.
- You Will Find Beautiful Houses.
- Montana Is A Divided State Politically.
- You Might Want A Car With 4-Wheel Drive.
Does Missoula have a homeless problem?
Missoula leaders say the most recent numbers show 400 homeless but some anecdotal estimates have placed that number as high as 1,000 this year, reflecting what they see as impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic’s economic fallout, and rising housing costs.