- 1 What is Missoula Montana known for?
- 2 Is Missoula dangerous?
- 3 What is the name of the newspaper in Missoula Montana?
- 4 Why is Kpax off the air?
- 5 Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
- 6 Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
- 7 What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
- 8 Is Bozeman Montana safe?
- 9 Who bought the Missoulian?
- 10 Who owns the Missoulian newspaper?
- 11 Where is Kpax located?
What is Missoula Montana known for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. And we proudly live our history – Native American and Lewis & Clark to Smokejumpers and Glacial Lake Missoula.
Is Missoula dangerous?
Missoula is in the 31st percentile for safety, meaning 69% of cities are safer and 31% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Missoula’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Missoula is 36.03 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
What is the name of the newspaper in Missoula Montana?
Missoulian: Missoula News and Resources for Western Montana.
Why is Kpax off the air?
We are currently off the air for viewers that watch us with an antenna or on satellite. This is due to a power outage at our transmitter on TV Mountain. As soon as power returns to the location, we’ll be back on the air as soon as possible.
Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
Missoula is considered the arts capital of Montana, and even though I knew that before arrival, I was still impressed by the many art galleries, funky artwork, and overall appreciation for the finer things in life that I found. If you’re still hankering for some culture, Missoula also has a FREE art museum.
Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
Missoula has a population of 72,364, making it both Montana’s second largest city and the 494th largest US city. Missoula has an average monthly rent of $852 which is substantially below the national average rent. The cost of living in Missoula is substantially lower than the national average.
What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
Ronan City is ranked first for violent crime in Montana.
Is Bozeman Montana safe?
– The National Council for Home Safety and Security has rated Bozeman as having the second-lowest crime rate in Montana. Kalispell was ranked as the safest city with the lowest number of crimes overall, but when you look closer at the statistics, Bozeman has the least amount of crimes committed per 1,000 people.
Who bought the Missoulian?
Lee Enterprises owns the Missoulian and listed the 56,000-square-foot building and its 3.5 acres of land for sale last August for $8.58 million. The prospective buyer has asked to remain confidential for now and Strauss said terms of the deal aren’t being disclosed at this time.
Who owns the Missoulian newspaper?
The Missoulian is a daily newspaper printed in Missoula, Montana, United States. The newspaper has been owned by Lee Enterprises since 1959. The Missoulian is the largest published newspaper in Western Montana, and is distributed throughout the city of Missoula, and most of Western Montana.
Where is Kpax located?
KPAX-TV’s studios are located on West Central Avenue in Missoula, and its transmitter is located on TV Mountain north of the city.