- 1 Where in Montana is Missoula located?
- 2 What is Missoula Montana known for?
- 3 Is Missoula Montana safe?
- 4 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 5 What is the prettiest city in Montana?
- 6 Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
- 7 Are there rattlesnakes in Missoula, MT?
- 8 What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
- 9 How dangerous is Billings Montana?
- 10 Is Missoula MT a good place to live?
- 11 What are winters like in Missoula MT?
Where in Montana is Missoula located?
Missoula is located at the western edge of Montana, approximately 45 miles (70 km) from the Idaho border. The city is at an elevation of 3,209 feet (978 m) above sea level, with nearby Mount Sentinel and Mount Jumbo steeply rising to 5,158 feet (1,572 m) and 4,768 feet (1,453 m), respectively.
What is Missoula Montana known for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. And we proudly live our history – Native American and Lewis & Clark to Smokejumpers and Glacial Lake Missoula.
Is Missoula Montana safe?
Missoula, MT crime analytics With a crime rate of 45 per one thousand residents, Missoula has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 22.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
What is the prettiest city in Montana?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Montana
- Bozeman. Architectural Landmark.
- Whitefish. Architectural Landmark.
- Hamilton. Architectural Landmark.
- Polson. Architectural Landmark.
- Lewistown. Architectural Landmark.
- West Yellowstone. Architectural Landmark.
- Anaconda. Architectural Landmark.
- Butte. Architectural Landmark.
Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
Missoula is considered the arts capital of Montana, and even though I knew that before arrival, I was still impressed by the many art galleries, funky artwork, and overall appreciation for the finer things in life that I found. If you’re still hankering for some culture, Missoula also has a FREE art museum.
Are there rattlesnakes in Missoula, MT?
He wrote a book about amphibians and reptiles in Montana and says while there are rattlesnakes that live around Missoula, they don’t often make their way to town.
What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
Ronan City is ranked first for violent crime in Montana.
How dangerous is Billings Montana?
Billings is ranked as the most dangerous with a violent crime rate of 4.932.
Is Missoula MT a good place to live?
Living in Missoula offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents rent their homes. In Missoula there are a lot of bars, coffee shops, and parks. Many young professionals live in Missoula and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Missoula are above average.
What are winters like in Missoula MT?
The temperature does reach 100 degrees, but most nights are cool. In the winter, the Continental Divide shields the Missoula area from much of the severely cold arctic air that moves down from Canada. Many of the cold waves that slam into eastern Montana miss Missoula entirely.