- 1 How do I get a passport in Montana?
- 2 Where can I get a passport for the first time?
- 3 How do I renew my passport in Missoula MT?
- 4 What’s the difference between a passport book and a passport card?
- 5 How long does the passport process take?
- 6 What 5 documents must you have with you to obtain a passport?
- 7 Do I need my Social Security card to get a passport?
- 8 Is it better to get passport book or card?
How do I get a passport in Montana?
Montana U.S citizens, applying for a passport, can find approximately 70 acceptance facilities spread throughout the state. The passport offices are located at your post offices, clerk of the court offices and other government facilities. Scheduling an appointment with the passport office may be necessary.
Where can I get a passport for the first time?
Passports. Thousands of Post Offices™ accept first-time passport applications for the U.S. Department of State and offer products and services for both first-time and renewal passport applications. Some locations can take your passport photo.
How do I renew my passport in Missoula MT?
You can call this Missoula passport office location at 406-329-2213 or 406-329-2270. You can fax the office at 406-329-2280.
What’s the difference between a passport book and a passport card?
The passport card was designed for the specific needs of northern and southern U.S. border communities with residents that cross the border frequently by land. The passport book is the only document approved for international air travel.
How long does the passport process take?
Passport processing typically takes between 6 to 8 weeks, however, if you choose an expedited service, you can receive a faster processing time.
What 5 documents must you have with you to obtain a passport?
The ID must readily identify you.
- Valid or expired, undamaged U.S. passport book or passport card.
- In-state, fully valid driver’s license or enhanced driver’s license with photo.
- Certificate of Naturalization.
- Certificate of Citizenship.
- Government employee ID (city, county, state, or federal)
Do I need my Social Security card to get a passport?
You must have several documents to prove your identity, and one of those is a United States Social Security card. You must provide Social Security number in order to apply for your US passport. If you don’t have you Social Security Card, you should order a replacement card for when you apply for your passport.
Is it better to get passport book or card?
If you are applying for a passport, you’ll need to consider whether to get a passport book or a passport card. A passport card is cheaper than a passport book, but can’t be used for air travel and is only valid in Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean.