- 1 What was the weather in Missoula Montana today?
- 2 How cold does Missoula get?
- 3 Is Missoula MT a good place to live?
- 4 How many inches of snow did Missouri get?
- 5 What is the highest recorded temperature in Missoula Montana?
- 6 What part of Montana gets the least snow?
- 7 How bad are the winters in Missoula Montana?
- 8 Why is Missoula called Zootown?
- 9 What is the most beautiful part of Montana?
What was the weather in Missoula Montana today?
Low 64F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Partly cloudy. High 91F.
How cold does Missoula get?
In Missoula, the summers are short, warm, and mostly clear; the winters are freezing and partly cloudy; and it is dry year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 18°F to 87°F and is rarely below 2°F or above 96°F.
Is Missoula MT a good place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
How many inches of snow did Missouri get?
As one would expect, the northern counties usually get the most snow. North of the Missouri River the winter snowfall averages 18 to 24 inches. This average figure tapers off to 8 to 12 inches in the southernmost counties.
What is the highest recorded temperature in Missoula Montana?
The highest recorded temperature in Missoula is 107.0°F (41.7°C), which was recorded in July. The lowest recorded temperature in Missoula is -33.0°F (-36.1°C), which was recorded in January. The average amount of precipitation for the year in Missoula is 14.1″ (358.1 mm).
What part of Montana gets the least snow?
Missoula tends to see less snowfall than the surrounding areas and have temperatures in the twenties (quite warm for a Montana winter). 8 Montana Towns Known For Their Mild Winters
- Billings. Wendy / Flickr.
- Great Falls. J.
- Livingston. Jasperdo / Flickr.
- Hamilton. A.
- Kalispell. Holly Hayes / Flickr.
How bad are the winters in Missoula Montana?
In the winter, the Continental Divide shields the Missoula area from much of the severely cold arctic air that moves down from Canada. When this happens, cold air is funneled through Hellgate Canyon; severe blizzards can result. After the valleys of western Montana fill with cold air, prolonged cold spells can occur.
Why is Missoula called Zootown?
Missoula became known as Zootown for two reasons first it sounds like the word zoo, Mostly however it is because Missoula is known for its wild parties and people, it is home to the U of M, and on any given night you never have to walk more than two blocks to find a wild party. Zootown partys are wild.
What is the most beautiful part of Montana?
11 Unimaginably Beautiful Places In Montana That You Must See Before You Die
- Lake McDonald, Glacier National Park. Thomas / Flickr.
- Gates of the Mountains. Mark Holloway / Flickr.
- Kootenai Falls.
- Missoula’s “M” Trail.
- Bighorn Canyon.
- The Whitefish Range.
- Logan Pass, Glacier National Park.
- Makoshika State Park, Glendive.