- 1 Is Missoula worth visiting?
- 2 Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
- 3 What is the main industry in Missoula Montana?
- 4 How far is Missoula MT from Seattle?
- 5 What is Missoula Montana famous for?
- 6 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 7 What should I know before moving to Missoula?
- 8 Why is Missoula called Zootown?
- 9 What is there to see between Missoula and Yellowstone?
Is Missoula worth visiting?
It is exactly the type of place I love visiting. A vibrant arts culture, foodie cafes & restaurants, an up and coming craft beer scene, and known to have some of the friendliest people around. It’s also a place with rustic architecture and is incredibly photogenic no matter the season.
Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
What is the main industry in Missoula Montana?
The largest industries in Missoula, MT are Health Care & Social Assistance (6,882 people), Retail Trade (5,760 people), and Accommodation & Food Services (5,253 people), and the highest paying industries are Mining, Quarrying, & Oil & Gas Extraction ($58,618), Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting, & Mining ($45,924
How far is Missoula MT from Seattle?
The distance between Seattle and Missoula, MT is 395 miles. The road distance is 477.4 miles.
What is Missoula Montana famous for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
What should I know before moving to Missoula?
15 Things To Know Before Moving To Missoula Montana
- Montana Has Low Population.
- You Will Want To Explore Nature.
- Cost Of Living Below The National Average.
- Public Universities Are Worth Considering Here.
- You Will Find Beautiful Houses.
- Montana Is A Divided State Politically.
- You Might Want A Car With 4-Wheel Drive.
Why is Missoula called Zootown?
Missoula became known as Zootown for two reasons first it sounds like the word zoo, Mostly however it is because Missoula is known for its wild parties and people, it is home to the U of M, and on any given night you never have to walk more than two blocks to find a wild party. Zootown partys are wild.
What is there to see between Missoula and Yellowstone?
Our Favorite Stops between Glacier and Yellowstone
- Sculpture in the Wild | Lincoln, MT.
- Virginia & Nevada Cities.
- Lewis & Clark Caverns.
- Historic Uptown Butte.
- Gates of the Mountains.
- Big Hole National Battlefield.
- Grant-Kohrs National Historic Site | Deer Lodge, MT.