- 1 Can I schedule an appointment with Social Security online?
- 2 How do I make an appointment with the nearest Social Security office?
- 3 Is the Missoula Social Security office open?
- 4 How do I schedule a social security meeting?
- 5 How do I talk to a real person at Social Security office?
- 6 Is it better to apply for Social Security online or in person?
- 7 When a husband dies does the wife get his Social Security?
- 8 Does it matter which Social Security office I go to?
- 9 What is the best time to call Social Security?
- 10 How do I get a new Social Security card in Montana?
- 11 How do I update my Social Security card?
- 12 How long does it take to get a new SS card?
- 13 What is the best way to contact Social Security?
Can I schedule an appointment with Social Security online?
The Social Security Administration does not have online appointment scheduler. However, you do not need an appointment to file for benefits or appeal a decision.
How do I make an appointment with the nearest Social Security office?
Tip: Call 800-772-1213 to make an appointment at the Social Security Administration (SSA) office nearest you (and call when phone lines are least busy — typically later in the day, later in the week and later in the month).
Is the Missoula Social Security office open?
There are 1 social security offices located in Missoula. Social Security offices are currently closed due to COVID-19, with appointments only being made for pressing cases.
If you do not want to apply for benefits online, or you need to speak to us for any other reason, you can schedule, reschedule or cancel an appointment by: Calling us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 8:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday; or. Contacting your local Social Security office.
How do I talk to a real person at Social Security office?
1-800-772-1213 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. local time. After you hear “Briefly tell me why you are calling,” please say “Help Desk” for help with a my Social Security account.
Is it better to apply for Social Security online or in person?
Most claims are done online these days. You really don’t have to apply for benefits in person anymore. Just go to www.ssa.gov and click on the “retirement” box for retirement, spousal or Medicare claims. Other experts agree that online is the best way to apply for Social Security.
When a husband dies does the wife get his Social Security?
When a retired worker dies, the surviving spouse gets an amount equal to the worker’s full retirement benefit. Example: John Smith has a $1,200-a-month retirement benefit. His wife Jane gets $600 as a 50 percent spousal benefit. Total family income from Social Security is $1,800 a month.
Does it matter which Social Security office I go to?
Hi, The official Social Security policy is that you can receive service from any office that you choose to visit (https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0200904064).
What is the best time to call Social Security?
By calling 1-800-772-1213, you can use our automated telephone services to get recorded information and conduct some business 24 hours a day. If you cannot handle your business through our automated services, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 8 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
How do I get a new Social Security card in Montana?
How to Replace a Social Security Card in Montana
- Complete the right application—a form SS -5.
- Gather need identifying information to submit with your card replacement application.
- Submit your replacement card application to the Social Security Administration.
- Make sure your information is accurate.
How do I update my Social Security card?
To get a corrected Social Security card, you will need to:
- Show the required documents. You will need proof of your identity.
- Fill out and print an Application for a Social Security Card; and.
- Mail your application and documents to your local Social Security office.
How long does it take to get a new SS card?
How long does it take to get a replacement Social Security card? Luckily, it doesn’t take a long time – within two weeks after your application, you will receive your new card and can use it for whatever purpose.
What is the best way to contact Social Security?
CONTACTING SOCIAL SECURITY Our toll-free number is 1-800-772-1213. Teleservice representatives are on duty to answer your calls between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Recorded information and services are available 24 hours a day and on weekends.