- 1 Where in Montana is Missoula located?
- 2 What is Missoula Montana famous for?
- 3 How far is Missoula from Canada border?
- 4 Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
- 5 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 6 Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
- 7 What is the prettiest part of Montana?
- 8 Is Missoula Montana safe?
- 9 What is the main industry in Missoula Montana?
- 10 How far is Billings Montana from Canada?
- 11 What should I know before moving to Missoula?
- 12 Is Missoula a cool town?
Where in Montana is Missoula located?
Missoula is located at the western edge of Montana, approximately 45 miles (70 km) from the Idaho border. The city is at an elevation of 3,209 feet (978 m) above sea level, with nearby Mount Sentinel and Mount Jumbo steeply rising to 5,158 feet (1,572 m) and 4,768 feet (1,453 m), respectively.
What is Missoula Montana famous for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless.
How far is Missoula from Canada border?
Distance from Missoula, MT to Canadian Border, Welcome Sign, Blaine, WA is 581Miles or 934 Km. You can get this distance about 8 hours 54 mins.
Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
Missoula is considered the arts capital of Montana, and even though I knew that before arrival, I was still impressed by the many art galleries, funky artwork, and overall appreciation for the finer things in life that I found. If you’re still hankering for some culture, Missoula also has a FREE art museum.
What is the prettiest part of Montana?
Montana in Pictures: 15 Beautiful Places to Photograph
- Going-to-the-Sun Road. Going-to-the-Sun Road.
- Whitefish Mountain. Big Mountain in Whitefish, Montana.
- Mammoth Hot Springs. Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone.
- Lone Mountain. Big Sky Resort, Lone Mountain.
- Lake McDonald.
- Flathead Lake.
- Gates of the Mountains.
- 8. Logan Pass.
Is Missoula Montana safe?
Missoula, MT crime analytics With a crime rate of 45 per one thousand residents, Missoula has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 22.
What is the main industry in Missoula Montana?
The largest industries in Missoula, MT are Health Care & Social Assistance (6,882 people), Retail Trade (5,760 people), and Accommodation & Food Services (5,253 people), and the highest paying industries are Mining, Quarrying, & Oil & Gas Extraction ($58,618), Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting, & Mining ($45,924
How far is Billings Montana from Canada?
The total driving distance from Billings, MT to Calgary, Canada is 540 miles or 869 kilometers.
What should I know before moving to Missoula?
15 Things To Know Before Moving To Missoula Montana
- Montana Has Low Population.
- You Will Want To Explore Nature.
- Cost Of Living Below The National Average.
- Public Universities Are Worth Considering Here.
- You Will Find Beautiful Houses.
- Montana Is A Divided State Politically.
- You Might Want A Car With 4-Wheel Drive.
Is Missoula a cool town?
This week, Matador Network came out with their list of the 20 coolest towns in America. #6 on the Matador Network’s list of 20 coolest towns in America is Missoula, MT.