- 1 Is Missoula good place to live?
- 2 Where is a good place in Montana to live?
- 3 Should I move to Missoula?
- 4 Does Missoula have a homeless problem?
- 5 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 6 What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
- 7 What is the cheapest city to live in Montana?
- 8 Where do the rich live in Montana?
- 9 What are winters like in Missoula MT?
- 10 Why are so many people moving to Missoula?
- 11 Is Missoula a college town?
- 12 Do you need a car in Missoula?
Is Missoula good place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
Where is a good place in Montana to live?
Set your sights on some new landscapes with our list of the best cities in Montana.
- Missoula. Missoula, Montana | Photo Copyright: Brad Lane.
- Helena. Helena | Photo Copyright: Brad Lane.
- Bozeman. Bozeman.
- Kalispell. Kalispell, seen from Jewel Basin Hiking Area | Photo Copyright: Brad Lane.
- Great Falls.
Should I move to Missoula?
Fortunately, Missoula is perfect in this area. Its economy is thriving so you can be sure that you will be able to secure a job without much stress. If you need a good place to live and a good job, you should move to Missoula.
Does Missoula have a homeless problem?
Missoula leaders say the most recent numbers show 400 homeless but some anecdotal estimates have placed that number as high as 1,000 this year, reflecting what they see as impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic’s economic fallout, and rising housing costs.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
Ronan City is ranked first for violent crime in Montana.
What is the cheapest city to live in Montana?
The 5 Most Affordable Cities in Montana
- Billings. Home to about 106,000 people, Billings is Montana’s largest city.
- Great Falls. Great Falls, often described as a “cowboy version of Mayberry,” offers a small-town experience at the confluence of the Missouri and Sun rivers.
Where do the rich live in Montana?
In Montana, Missoula is home to more billionaires than any other city. A total of two billionaires live in Missoula with a combined net worth of $8.3 billion. Of Missoula residents with a minimum 10-figure net worth, Dennis Washington is the wealthiest, worth an estimated $6.3 billion.
What are winters like in Missoula MT?
The temperature does reach 100 degrees, but most nights are cool. In the winter, the Continental Divide shields the Missoula area from much of the severely cold arctic air that moves down from Canada. Many of the cold waves that slam into eastern Montana miss Missoula entirely.
Why are so many people moving to Missoula?
36% said they’re originally from Montana. The biggest reasons people are coming here are safety, security and COVID-19 concerns. According to the same study, 75% of real estate agents surveyed got interested buyers from California, 56% from Washington and 49% from Colorado.
Is Missoula a college town?
This week, The American Institute for Economic Research named Missoula, Montana one of the Top 20 College towns in America. The study included student life, town culture, opportunity, and overall economic health in the ranking of each town.
Do you need a car in Missoula?
Yes. You can live without a car in Missoula. Many people will say it is MANDATORY to have a car in Montana.