- 1 Is Missoula MT a good place to live?
- 2 Why should I live in Missoula?
- 3 Why are so many people moving to Missoula?
- 4 What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
- 5 Does Missoula have a homeless problem?
- 6 Is Missoula worth visiting?
- 7 Why are people flocking to Montana?
- 8 Are lots of people moving to Montana?
- 9 What should I know before moving to Missoula?
- 10 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 11 What are winters like in Missoula MT?
Is Missoula MT a good place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
Why should I live in Missoula?
1. Missoula’s quality of life is high. A stellar healthcare system, high ranking schools and the natural amenities may have something to do with that. You can find great food in almost any Montana town, but Missoula’s dining scene is truly exceptional.
Why are so many people moving to Missoula?
36% said they’re originally from Montana. The biggest reasons people are coming here are safety, security and COVID-19 concerns. According to the same study, 75% of real estate agents surveyed got interested buyers from California, 56% from Washington and 49% from Colorado.
What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
Ronan City is ranked first for violent crime in Montana.
Does Missoula have a homeless problem?
Missoula leaders say the most recent numbers show 400 homeless but some anecdotal estimates have placed that number as high as 1,000 this year, reflecting what they see as impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic’s economic fallout, and rising housing costs.
Is Missoula worth visiting?
It is exactly the type of place I love visiting. A vibrant arts culture, foodie cafes & restaurants, an up and coming craft beer scene, and known to have some of the friendliest people around. It’s also a place with rustic architecture and is incredibly photogenic no matter the season.
Why are people flocking to Montana?
Like many other states in the mountain west, Montana became very popular in 2020. But it wasn’t just the global pandemic that put Montana on the map. Increased tourism, a growing interest in outdoor recreation, and people searching for a better quality of life have all contributed to the recent Montana boom.
Are lots of people moving to Montana?
U-Haul recently released its 2020 Migration Trends, where it ranks all 50 states based upon migration growth. Out of all 50 states, Montana ranks #19. Montana has moved up on the list from 2019, when it was ranked #26.
What should I know before moving to Missoula?
15 Things To Know Before Moving To Missoula Montana
- Montana Has Low Population.
- You Will Want To Explore Nature.
- Cost Of Living Below The National Average.
- Public Universities Are Worth Considering Here.
- You Will Find Beautiful Houses.
- Montana Is A Divided State Politically.
- You Might Want A Car With 4-Wheel Drive.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
What are winters like in Missoula MT?
The temperature does reach 100 degrees, but most nights are cool. In the winter, the Continental Divide shields the Missoula area from much of the severely cold arctic air that moves down from Canada. Many of the cold waves that slam into eastern Montana miss Missoula entirely.