- 1 What airport do you fly into for Missoula Montana?
- 2 Does Missoula have an airport?
- 3 Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
- 4 What is Missoula famous for?
- 5 Does Southwest fly to Missoula Montana?
- 6 Does Southwest fly to Montana?
- 7 What cities have direct flights to Missoula?
- 8 What airlines fly in and out of Missoula Montana?
- 9 What airlines fly in and out of MSO?
- 10 Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
- 11 Is Missoula Montana safe?
- 12 Where should I live in Missoula Montana?
- 13 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 14 Is Missoula a nice place to live?
- 15 Why is Missoula called Zootown?
What airport do you fly into for Missoula Montana?
The nearest airport to Missoula is Missoula (MSO) Airport which is 5.3 miles away. Other nearby airports include Kalispell (FCA) (100.5 miles), Great Falls (GTF) (131.6 miles), Bozeman (BZN) (155.8 miles) and Spokane (GEG) (175.1 miles).
Does Missoula have an airport?
The Missoula Airport (MSO) is considered the ‘Gateway to Western Montana. ‘ The Missoula International Airport (Johnson-Bell Field) is a vital part of the western Montana regional airport system and an integral part of the transportation infrastructure of the region.
Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
Missoula is considered the arts capital of Montana, and even though I knew that before arrival, I was still impressed by the many art galleries, funky artwork, and overall appreciation for the finer things in life that I found. If you’re still hankering for some culture, Missoula also has a FREE art museum.
What is Missoula famous for?
Known as the “Garden City” for its dense trees and lush green landscape, Missoula is nestled in the heart of the northern Rockies where five valleys converge. Missoula is a center for education, medicine, retail and the arts.
Does Southwest fly to Missoula Montana?
Missoula is serviced by four commercial airlines that have regular flights in and out of Missoula. Southwest Airlines is one of several additional airlines that serve Spokane. Flights into Kalispell, Helena, and Butte are also options for those looking to see more of Montana, with Missoula an easy 120 miles or so away.
Does Southwest fly to Montana?
Now, the airline has added additional flights to two travel hotspots: Florida and Bozeman, Montana. This will be Southwest Airline’s first destination in Montana. Flights to Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport will take off from airports in Denver and Las Vegas starting at $40 beginning May 27.
What cities have direct flights to Missoula?
From Los Angeles, there are 4 airlines that have direct services to Missoula, which are Alaska (Oneworld), Allegiant, American Airlines (Oneworld) and Delta (SkyTeam). From Minneapolis, direct flights are offered by Delta (SkyTeam). From Oakland, East Bay and Phoenix, you can fly with Allegiant.
What airlines fly in and out of Missoula Montana?
Airlines + Destinations
- ALASKA AIRLINES. Phone. 800-252-7522. Year Round Service.
- ALLEGIANT AIR. Phone. 702-505-8888. Year Round Service.
- AMERICAN AIRLINES. Phone. 800-433-7300. Year Round Service.
- DELTA AIRLINES. Phone. 800-221-1212. Year Round Service.
- FRONTIER AIRLINES. Phone. 801-401-9000.
- UNITED AIRLINES. Phone. 800-864-8331.
What airlines fly in and out of MSO?
Airlines Serving MSO
- United Airlines.
- Delta Air Lines.
- American Airlines.
- Alaska Airlines.
- Frontier Airlines.
- Air Canada.
Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
Missoula has a population of 72,364, making it both Montana’s second largest city and the 494th largest US city. Missoula has an average monthly rent of $852 which is substantially below the national average rent. The cost of living in Missoula is substantially lower than the national average.
Is Missoula Montana safe?
Missoula, MT crime analytics With a crime rate of 45 per one thousand residents, Missoula has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 22.
Where should I live in Missoula Montana?
Some Top Rated Neighborhoods In Missoula, MT
- Rose Park. Known for its “slant streets” because of the roads that angle off at about 46 degrees from due north, Rose Park residents enjoy the reduced traffic encouraged by the tricky streets.
- Lewis And Clark.
- Lower Rattlesnake.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
Is Missoula a nice place to live?
Missoula is a beautiful place. There has been an increase in drugs and crime which leaves an unsafe feeling. I absolutely love living here! People are friendly, the surroundings are beautiful, wonderful size, in the middle of so much, and I just feel at home!
Why is Missoula called Zootown?
Missoula became known as Zootown for two reasons first it sounds like the word zoo, Mostly however it is because Missoula is known for its wild parties and people, it is home to the U of M, and on any given night you never have to walk more than two blocks to find a wild party. Zootown partys are wild.