- 1 How far is Missoula Montana from Philipsburg Montana?
- 2 What is Philipsburg MT known for?
- 3 What is the closest airport to Philipsburg Montana?
- 4 How many ghost towns are in Montana?
- 5 What’s the zip code for Philipsburg MT?
- 6 What is in Deer Lodge MT?
- 7 What is there to do in Philipsburg PA?
- 8 How big is Ennis Montana?
- 9 Does Montana have ghost towns?
- 10 Why is garnet a ghost town?
How far is Missoula Montana from Philipsburg Montana?
There are 50.37 miles from Philipsburg to Missoula in northwest direction and 76 miles (122.31 kilometers) by car, following the MT 1 route.
What is Philipsburg MT known for?
While it’s known for its sapphires, locals and visitors alike will testify there’s a richness to Philipsburg that extends far beyond these gemstones.
- SAPPHIRE GALLERY.
- SWEET PALACE.
- THE BROADWAY HOTEL.
- COFFEE BREAK.
- OUTDOOR ADVENTURE.
What is the closest airport to Philipsburg Montana?
Major airports near Philipsburg, Montana
- The nearest major airport is Bert Mooney Airport (BTM / KBTM).
- Another major airport is Missoula International Airport (MSO / KMSO), which has domestic flights from Missoula, Montana and is 83 miles from Philipsburg, MT.
How many ghost towns are in Montana?
How Many Ghost Towns are There in Montana? There are over 60 ghost towns in Montana. Some are completely abandoned, and some have a sparse population. You will find ghost towns in Montana with many intact buildings preserving much of the region’s history.
What’s the zip code for Philipsburg MT?
Philipsburg (zip 59858 )’s population is 1,365 people. Since 2010, it has had a population decline of 11.3%.
What is in Deer Lodge MT?
10 Things to do in the Deer Lodge Area
- Old Prison Museum Complex. Photo: Eric Bunting.
- Grant-Kohrs Ranch.
- Sculpture in the Wild.
- Garnet Ghost Town.
- Fish the Little Blackfoot.
- Hi-Country Trading Post.
- Bob Marshall Wilderness.
- Warm Springs WMA, Browns Lake, Blackfoot Waterfowl Area.
What is there to do in Philipsburg PA?
- Black Moshannon State Park. State Parks.
- The Painting Broad Studio. Art Galleries, Paint & Pottery Studios.
- Skytop Mountain Golf Club. Golf Courses.
- Fun Central. Game & Entertainment Centers.
- McCrackens Canoe Rental.
- Mary’s Place.
- Historica Plus Antique Gallery.
- Starr Hill Vineyard & Winery.
How big is Ennis Montana?
Does Montana have ghost towns?
Visiting one of Montana’s ghost towns is like stepping back in time to the era of gold, saloons and vigilantes. Experience the quiet solitude of Bannack State Park or watch history come alive with a performance at Virginia City and Nevada City.
Why is garnet a ghost town?
A new wave of miners moved into abandoned cabins and began re-working the mines and dumps. Then, World War II drew the population away again. The use of dynamite for domestic purposes was curtailed, making mining difficult. Garnet again became a ghost town.