- 1 What is Missoula Montana known for?
- 2 How many square miles is Missoula County?
- 3 Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
- 4 What is the prettiest city in Montana?
- 5 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 6 Is Missoula Montana safe?
- 7 What is the best city in Montana to live?
- 8 What is the main industry in Missoula Montana?
- 9 Why is Missoula called the Garden City?
- 10 What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
- 11 What are winters like in Missoula MT?
- 12 Is Missoula a cool town?
What is Missoula Montana known for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. And we proudly live our history – Native American and Lewis & Clark to Smokejumpers and Glacial Lake Missoula.
How many square miles is Missoula County?
Missoula County, Montana covers approximately 2,600 square miles in the western part of the state. Five large valleys and two major rivers wind through this mountainous region.
Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
What is the prettiest city in Montana?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Montana
- Bozeman. Architectural Landmark.
- Whitefish. Architectural Landmark.
- Hamilton. Architectural Landmark.
- Polson. Architectural Landmark.
- Lewistown. Architectural Landmark.
- West Yellowstone. Architectural Landmark.
- Anaconda. Architectural Landmark.
- Butte. Architectural Landmark.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
Is Missoula Montana safe?
Missoula, MT crime analytics With a crime rate of 45 per one thousand residents, Missoula has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 22.
What is the best city in Montana to live?
The 10 Best Cities in Montana to Call Home
- Belgrade. Situated north of Bozeman, in the center of Gallatin Valley, the small city of Belgrade is one of the most conveniently located places to live in Montana.
- Four Corners.
- East Helena.
What is the main industry in Missoula Montana?
The largest industries in Missoula, MT are Health Care & Social Assistance (6,882 people), Retail Trade (5,760 people), and Accommodation & Food Services (5,253 people), and the highest paying industries are Mining, Quarrying, & Oil & Gas Extraction ($58,618), Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting, & Mining ($45,924
Why is Missoula called the Garden City?
It was followed by a sawmill and a flour mill, which the settlers called “Missoula Mills.” In fact, Missoula earned the nickname, the Garden City, because of its great soil and the multitude of gardens in the area.
What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
They are: ‘The Clark Fork Valley’ to the West, the ‘Flathead Valley ‘ to the North, the ‘Blackfoot Valley’ to the NE, the ‘Deerlodge Valley’ to the East and the ‘Bitterroot Valley’ to the South.
What are winters like in Missoula MT?
The temperature does reach 100 degrees, but most nights are cool. In the winter, the Continental Divide shields the Missoula area from much of the severely cold arctic air that moves down from Canada. Many of the cold waves that slam into eastern Montana miss Missoula entirely.
Is Missoula a cool town?
This week, Matador Network came out with their list of the 20 coolest towns in America. #6 on the Matador Network’s list of 20 coolest towns in America is Missoula, MT.