- 1 How safe is Missoula?
- 2 What’s the most dangerous town in Montana?
- 3 What is the crime rate in Missoula MT?
- 4 Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
- 5 Where should you not live in Montana?
- 6 Is Montana a safe place to live?
- 7 What is Missoula famous for?
- 8 Is Bozeman Montana safe?
- 9 What is Chicago’s crime rate?
- 10 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 11 What should I know before moving to Missoula?
How safe is Missoula?
With a crime rate of 45 per one thousand residents, Missoula has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 22.
What’s the most dangerous town in Montana?
Here Are The 10 Most Dangerous Places In Montana To Live
- Billings. Jeff Myers/Flickr.
- Wolf Point. Eric O’Brien/Flickr.
- Hamilton. A.Davey/Flickr.
- Havre. Jasperdo/Flickr.
- Kalispell. Holly Hayes/Flickr.
- Missoula. Frank DiBona?
- Helena. Wally Miller/Flickr.
- Cut Bank. Jimmy Emerson, DVM/Flickr.
What is the crime rate in Missoula MT?
In Missoula, MT you have a 1 in 244 chance of becoming a victim of violent crime. Violent crimes include murder, rape, robbery and assault. With regards to property crime, you have a 1 in 25 chance of becoming a victim. Property crimes include burglary, theft and motor vehicle theft.
Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
Where should you not live in Montana?
Based on data relating to these factors, here are the 20 worst places to live in Montana.
- Miles City. Just making it onto the list of the worst places to live in Montana is Miles City, which is the 13th most dangerous place to live in the state.
- Wolf Point.
- Ronan City.
- East Helena.
Is Montana a safe place to live?
Montana’s crime rates are just above average compared to the rest of the nation. Among all 50 states, Montana had the nineteenth-highest violent crime rate and the twenty-third-highest property crime rate.
What is Missoula famous for?
Known as the “Garden City” for its dense trees and lush green landscape, Missoula is nestled in the heart of the northern Rockies where five valleys converge. Missoula is a center for education, medicine, retail and the arts.
Is Bozeman Montana safe?
– The National Council for Home Safety and Security has rated Bozeman as having the second-lowest crime rate in Montana. Kalispell was ranked as the safest city with the lowest number of crimes overall, but when you look closer at the statistics, Bozeman has the least amount of crimes committed per 1,000 people.
What is Chicago’s crime rate?
Chicago’s total crime rate is 4,188 per 100,000 people. There is a 1 in 24 chance of being a victim of a crime in Chicago.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
What should I know before moving to Missoula?
15 Things To Know Before Moving To Missoula Montana
- Montana Has Low Population.
- You Will Want To Explore Nature.
- Cost Of Living Below The National Average.
- Public Universities Are Worth Considering Here.
- You Will Find Beautiful Houses.
- Montana Is A Divided State Politically.
- You Might Want A Car With 4-Wheel Drive.