- 1 Is Missoula Montana a nice place to live?
- 2 What should I know before moving to Missoula?
- 3 Why are so many people moving to Missoula?
- 4 Where is better to live Montana or Wyoming?
- 5 What are winters like in Missoula MT?
- 6 What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
- 7 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 8 Does Missoula have a homeless problem?
- 9 Do you need a car in Missoula?
- 10 Is Missoula cheap to live in?
Is Missoula Montana a nice place to live?
Missoula Reviews. It is a beautiful city in Montana with access to mountains, rivers, lakes, and hiking. It is an open-minded, liberal area, where there is a variety of people of various backgrounds and experiences. Many activities are available, such as live music, festivals, farmer’s markets, art shows, theater, etc.
What should I know before moving to Missoula?
15 Things To Know Before Moving To Missoula Montana
- Montana Has Low Population.
- You Will Want To Explore Nature.
- Cost Of Living Below The National Average.
- Public Universities Are Worth Considering Here.
- You Will Find Beautiful Houses.
- Montana Is A Divided State Politically.
- You Might Want A Car With 4-Wheel Drive.
Why are so many people moving to Missoula?
36% said they’re originally from Montana. The biggest reasons people are coming here are safety, security and COVID-19 concerns. According to the same study, 75% of real estate agents surveyed got interested buyers from California, 56% from Washington and 49% from Colorado.
Where is better to live Montana or Wyoming?
Wyoming’s better governed for a long time so they have much better infrastructure, no income tax, huge rainy day funds, new schools everywhere, much better paid (30–50% higher than Montana) teachers and government workers, a much stronger taxbase (natural resources far more than tourism.)
What are winters like in Missoula MT?
The temperature does reach 100 degrees, but most nights are cool. In the winter, the Continental Divide shields the Missoula area from much of the severely cold arctic air that moves down from Canada. Many of the cold waves that slam into eastern Montana miss Missoula entirely.
What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
Ronan City is ranked first for violent crime in Montana.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
Does Missoula have a homeless problem?
Missoula leaders say the most recent numbers show 400 homeless but some anecdotal estimates have placed that number as high as 1,000 this year, reflecting what they see as impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic’s economic fallout, and rising housing costs.
Do you need a car in Missoula?
Yes. You can live without a car in Missoula. Many people will say it is MANDATORY to have a car in Montana.
Is Missoula cheap to live in?
Missoula has a population of 72,364, making it both Montana’s second largest city and the 494th largest US city. Missoula has an average monthly rent of $852 which is substantially below the national average rent. The cost of living in Missoula is substantially lower than the national average.