- 1 Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
- 2 Is Missoula dangerous?
- 3 What is Missoula Montana known for?
- 4 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 5 What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
- 6 Is Bozeman Montana safe?
- 7 What is the prettiest city in Montana?
- 8 Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
- 9 Are there rattlesnakes in Missoula, MT?
- 10 What are winters like in Missoula MT?
- 11 What is the main industry in Missoula Montana?
- 12 Where should I live in Missoula Montana?
Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
Is Missoula dangerous?
Missoula is in the 31st percentile for safety, meaning 69% of cities are safer and 31% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Missoula’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Missoula is 36.03 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
What is Missoula Montana known for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. And we proudly live our history – Native American and Lewis & Clark to Smokejumpers and Glacial Lake Missoula.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
Ronan City is ranked first for violent crime in Montana.
Is Bozeman Montana safe?
– The National Council for Home Safety and Security has rated Bozeman as having the second-lowest crime rate in Montana. Kalispell was ranked as the safest city with the lowest number of crimes overall, but when you look closer at the statistics, Bozeman has the least amount of crimes committed per 1,000 people.
What is the prettiest city in Montana?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Montana
- Bozeman. Architectural Landmark.
- Whitefish. Architectural Landmark.
- Hamilton. Architectural Landmark.
- Polson. Architectural Landmark.
- Lewistown. Architectural Landmark.
- West Yellowstone. Architectural Landmark.
- Anaconda. Architectural Landmark.
- Butte. Architectural Landmark.
Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
Missoula is considered the arts capital of Montana, and even though I knew that before arrival, I was still impressed by the many art galleries, funky artwork, and overall appreciation for the finer things in life that I found. If you’re still hankering for some culture, Missoula also has a FREE art museum.
Are there rattlesnakes in Missoula, MT?
He wrote a book about amphibians and reptiles in Montana and says while there are rattlesnakes that live around Missoula, they don’t often make their way to town.
What are winters like in Missoula MT?
The temperature does reach 100 degrees, but most nights are cool. In the winter, the Continental Divide shields the Missoula area from much of the severely cold arctic air that moves down from Canada. Many of the cold waves that slam into eastern Montana miss Missoula entirely.
What is the main industry in Missoula Montana?
The largest industries in Missoula, MT are Health Care & Social Assistance (6,882 people), Retail Trade (5,760 people), and Accommodation & Food Services (5,253 people), and the highest paying industries are Mining, Quarrying, & Oil & Gas Extraction ($58,618), Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting, & Mining ($45,924
Where should I live in Missoula Montana?
Some Top Rated Neighborhoods In Missoula, MT
- Rose Park. Known for its “slant streets” because of the roads that angle off at about 46 degrees from due north, Rose Park residents enjoy the reduced traffic encouraged by the tricky streets.
- Lewis And Clark.
- Lower Rattlesnake.