- 1 What is there to do between Missoula and Glacier?
- 2 Should I stay on the east or west side of Glacier National Park?
- 3 What is there to do on the west side of Glacier National Park?
- 4 How long does it take to drive around Glacier National Park?
- 5 Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
- 6 Where do you stop at Glacier National Park?
- 7 What is better West or East Glacier?
- 8 What is the closest town to West Glacier National Park?
- 9 What is the best month to visit Glacier National Park?
- 10 Which side of Glacier National Park is best?
- 11 Can you drink in Glacier National Park?
- 12 Will the east side of Glacier Open in 2021?
- 13 Has anyone died on Going-to-the-Sun Road?
- 14 What is the most scenic drive in Glacier National Park?
- 15 How much does it cost to get into Glacier National Park?
What is there to do between Missoula and Glacier?
8 Stops on the Way from Missoula to Glacier National Park
- Missoula Art Museum. You’ll experience Montana’s vibrant art scene at the Missoula Art Museum, known as MAM.
- Hike the M in Missoula.
- 1889 Restaurant.
- Brennan’s Wave.
- Windmill Village Bakery.
- National Bison Range.
- Flathead Lake.
- Downtown Kalispell.
Should I stay on the east or west side of Glacier National Park?
If you’re looking to avoid the crowds along the Sun Road, this is the region of Glacier Park to visit (it’s our our favorite region of the Park). If you’re looking for activities other than hiking, you’ll find many on the West side.
What is there to do on the west side of Glacier National Park?
10 Amazing Things to Do on the West Side of Glacier National Park
- Take the Western Alpine Red Bus Tour.
- Hike to Avalanche Lake via the Trail of Cedars.
- Visit Lake McDonald Lodge.
- Eat Lunch at Jammer Joe’s Grill and Pizzeria.
- Visit Apgar Village.
- Eat at Eddie’s Cafe and Mercantile.
- Go Horseback Riding at Apgar Stables.
How long does it take to drive around Glacier National Park?
Without stopping, it takes at least 2 hours to drive the full 50 miles of Going-to-the-Sun Road.
Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
Missoula is considered the arts capital of Montana, and even though I knew that before arrival, I was still impressed by the many art galleries, funky artwork, and overall appreciation for the finer things in life that I found. If you’re still hankering for some culture, Missoula also has a FREE art museum.
Where do you stop at Glacier National Park?
The next time you visit Montana’s crown jewel, consider extending your trip long enough to explore a couple of these spots.
- The Museum of the Plains Indian and Blackfeet Heritage Center in Browning.
- The Huckleberry Patch in Hungry Horse.
- The Hungry Horse Reservoir.
What is better West or East Glacier?
Well, the east side is much more scenic (Many Glacier particularly), has less crowds and has the best hiking. Your biggest challenge will be finding lodging this late in the season and public transportation.
What is the closest town to West Glacier National Park?
Columbia Falls may actually be the closest city to Glacier National Park, so if you’re going to stay somewhere other than Whitefish, try Columbia Falls (especially Cedar Creek Lodge!) Kalispell.
What is the best month to visit Glacier National Park?
The best time to visit Glacier National Park is in July and August. This is the peak season for visitors, with daytime temperatures averaging in the low 80s and nighttime temps dipping into the 40s (pack layers, as well as a good rain jacket).
Which side of Glacier National Park is best?
Glacier’s West Side: West Glacier West Glacier, Montana is the most popular entrance to Glacier National Park. Its proximity and easy access to Glacier International Airport in Kalispell makes it the best place to start or end your trip. Whitewater rafting Glacier National Park’s border river!
Can you drink in Glacier National Park?
Drinking and Drugs The legal blood alcohol limit is. 08 (. 04 if you hold a CDL). All citations in Glacier are federal offenses.
Will the east side of Glacier Open in 2021?
At a special meeting on Wednesday the Blackfeet Tribal Business Council unanimously voted to allow the eastern entrance of Glacier National Park to open for the 2021 season.
Has anyone died on Going-to-the-Sun Road?
In nearly 25 years, there have been just two deaths on the road. In 2014, a 14-year old girl was killed, and her family was injured by falling rocks while driving in their car. Previous to that, in 1996, a Japanese tourist was killed by falling rocks.
What is the most scenic drive in Glacier National Park?
Going-to-the-Sun Road is a highlight not to be missed during your Glacier visit. The Road spans 50 miles and crosses the Continental Divide at Logan Pass. During your traverse you will see impressive glaciers, beautiful valleys, cascading waterfalls, towering mountains and colorful wildflowers.
How much does it cost to get into Glacier National Park?
Glacier National Park has had an entrance fee since 1914. The current rate of $30 per vehicle or $25 per motorcycle has been in effect since 2016. The park is one of 117 in the National Park System that charges an entrance fee. The remaining 300 sites are free to enter.