- 1 How far is Portland from Missoula Montana?
- 2 Is Missoula worth visiting?
- 3 What is Missoula Montana known for?
- 4 Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
- 5 What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
- 6 Where should I live in Missoula Montana?
- 7 What is the prettiest city in Montana?
- 8 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 9 Are there rattlesnakes in Missoula, MT?
How far is Portland from Missoula Montana?
The distance between Portland and Missoula is 428 miles.
Is Missoula worth visiting?
It is exactly the type of place I love visiting. A vibrant arts culture, foodie cafes & restaurants, an up and coming craft beer scene, and known to have some of the friendliest people around. It’s also a place with rustic architecture and is incredibly photogenic no matter the season.
What is Missoula Montana known for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. And we proudly live our history – Native American and Lewis & Clark to Smokejumpers and Glacial Lake Missoula.
Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
They are: ‘The Clark Fork Valley’ to the West, the ‘Flathead Valley ‘ to the North, the ‘Blackfoot Valley’ to the NE, the ‘Deerlodge Valley’ to the East and the ‘Bitterroot Valley’ to the South.
Where should I live in Missoula Montana?
Some Top Rated Neighborhoods In Missoula, MT
- Rose Park. Known for its “slant streets” because of the roads that angle off at about 46 degrees from due north, Rose Park residents enjoy the reduced traffic encouraged by the tricky streets.
- Lewis And Clark.
- Lower Rattlesnake.
What is the prettiest city in Montana?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Montana
- Bozeman. Architectural Landmark.
- Whitefish. Architectural Landmark.
- Hamilton. Architectural Landmark.
- Polson. Architectural Landmark.
- Lewistown. Architectural Landmark.
- West Yellowstone. Architectural Landmark.
- Anaconda. Architectural Landmark.
- Butte. Architectural Landmark.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
Are there rattlesnakes in Missoula, MT?
He wrote a book about amphibians and reptiles in Montana and says while there are rattlesnakes that live around Missoula, they don’t often make their way to town.