- 1 Is Missoula worth visiting?
- 2 How far is it from Missoula to Jackson Hole?
- 3 Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
- 4 What is the main industry in Missoula Montana?
- 5 What is Missoula known for?
- 6 How close is Jackson Hole to Yellowstone?
- 7 What is there to see between Missoula and Yellowstone?
- 8 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 9 What should I know before moving to Missoula?
- 10 Why is Missoula called Zootown?
- 11 What is the population of Missoula Montana 2020?
Is Missoula worth visiting?
It is exactly the type of place I love visiting. A vibrant arts culture, foodie cafes & restaurants, an up and coming craft beer scene, and known to have some of the friendliest people around. It’s also a place with rustic architecture and is incredibly photogenic no matter the season.
How far is it from Missoula to Jackson Hole?
Yes, the driving distance between Missoula to Jackson Hole is 771 miles.
Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
What is the main industry in Missoula Montana?
The largest industries in Missoula, MT are Health Care & Social Assistance (6,882 people), Retail Trade (5,760 people), and Accommodation & Food Services (5,253 people), and the highest paying industries are Mining, Quarrying, & Oil & Gas Extraction ($58,618), Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting, & Mining ($45,924
What is Missoula known for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. And we proudly live our history – Native American and Lewis & Clark to Smokejumpers and Glacial Lake Missoula.
How close is Jackson Hole to Yellowstone?
Jackson Hole is about 57 miles from Yellowstone National Park’s South Entrance. The route simply follows U.S. highway 89/191 through Grand Teton National Park, offering drivers scenic mountain views all along the way.
What is there to see between Missoula and Yellowstone?
Our Favorite Stops between Glacier and Yellowstone
- Sculpture in the Wild | Lincoln, MT.
- Virginia & Nevada Cities.
- Lewis & Clark Caverns.
- Historic Uptown Butte.
- Gates of the Mountains.
- Big Hole National Battlefield.
- Grant-Kohrs National Historic Site | Deer Lodge, MT.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
What should I know before moving to Missoula?
15 Things To Know Before Moving To Missoula Montana
- Montana Has Low Population.
- You Will Want To Explore Nature.
- Cost Of Living Below The National Average.
- Public Universities Are Worth Considering Here.
- You Will Find Beautiful Houses.
- Montana Is A Divided State Politically.
- You Might Want A Car With 4-Wheel Drive.
Why is Missoula called Zootown?
Missoula became known as Zootown for two reasons first it sounds like the word zoo, Mostly however it is because Missoula is known for its wild parties and people, it is home to the U of M, and on any given night you never have to walk more than two blocks to find a wild party. Zootown partys are wild.
What is the population of Missoula Montana 2020?
With a 2020 population of 76,784, it is the 2nd largest city in Montana (after Billings) and the 464th largest city in the United States. Missoula is currently growing at a rate of 0.83% annually and its population has increased by 14.97% since the most recent census, which recorded a population of 66,788 in 2010.