- 1 How far from Hamilton to Missoula?
- 2 What is the closest airport to Hamilton Montana?
- 3 How far is Hamilton from Kalispell?
- 4 Where is Bitterroot MT?
- 5 What is the prettiest city in Montana?
- 6 Where is the Banana Belt in Montana?
- 7 Does Southwest fly to Montana?
- 8 Are there grizzly bears in the Bitterroot Mountains?
- 9 How far is Lake Como from Hamilton?
- 10 Why is it called the Bitterroot Valley?
How far from Hamilton to Missoula?
The distance between Missoula and Hamilton is 44 miles.
What is the closest airport to Hamilton Montana?
The closest major airport to Hamilton, Montana is Missoula International Airport (MSO / KMSO).
How far is Hamilton from Kalispell?
There are 134.60 miles from Hamilton to Kalispell in north direction and 166 miles (267.15 kilometers) by car, following the US-93 and MT 200 route. Hamilton and Kalispell are 3 hours 23 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Where is Bitterroot MT?
Bitterroot Valley Map & Directions As shown in the Bitterroot Valley map above, the Bitterroot Valley is located on the western border of Montana, beginning directly south of the city of Missoula and stretching to the Idaho border.
What is the prettiest city in Montana?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Montana
- Bozeman. Architectural Landmark.
- Whitefish. Architectural Landmark.
- Hamilton. Architectural Landmark.
- Polson. Architectural Landmark.
- Lewistown. Architectural Landmark.
- West Yellowstone. Architectural Landmark.
- Anaconda. Architectural Landmark.
- Butte. Architectural Landmark.
Where is the Banana Belt in Montana?
The Bitterroot Valley is known as the “Banana Belt” of Montana as the weather is far less severe than in other parts of the state. Bitterroot Valley weather is known for ideal summer conditions with daytime high’s normally in the 80’s and cool, crisp evenings that dip into the 40’s and 50’s.
Does Southwest fly to Montana?
Now, the airline has added additional flights to two travel hotspots: Florida and Bozeman, Montana. This will be Southwest Airline’s first destination in Montana. Flights to Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport will take off from airports in Denver and Las Vegas starting at $40 beginning May 27.
Are there grizzly bears in the Bitterroot Mountains?
Grizzly bears in the Bitterroot Ecosystem remain relatively uncommon, compared to parts of northwest Montana, but there have been increasing reports in recent years. The Bitterroot Ecosystem is historic grizzly country and the animals were abundant when Lewis and Clark traveled through the area in 1806.
How far is Lake Como from Hamilton?
From Highway 93 head west on Lake Como Road ( about 8 miles south of Hamilton).
Why is it called the Bitterroot Valley?
In 1805, Meriwether Lewis and William Clark “discovered” the plant in the western Montana valley that now bears its name. With a strong Indian heritage and a name derived from the leader of the Lewis and Clark expedition, the bitterroot was most appropriate as a state symbol.