- 1 Is Great Falls Montana worth visiting?
- 2 What is there to do in Great Falls Montana today?
- 3 Can you see the Northern Lights in Great Falls Montana?
- 4 Is Great Falls MT safe?
- 5 What is great about Great Falls Montana?
- 6 Can you see mountains from Great Falls?
- 7 How far is Great Falls from the Canadian border?
- 8 What month is best to see the northern lights?
- 9 Can you see the aurora borealis in Yellowstone?
- 10 Can you see the northern lights in Glacier National Park?
- 11 What’s it like living in Great Falls Montana?
- 12 What is the closest city to Great Falls Montana?
Is Great Falls Montana worth visiting?
Great Falls | One of The Best Kept Travel Secrets in Montana. Offering incredible access to what Montana is famous for—that unpopulated wilderness and world-class fishing—the town of Great Falls provides a genuine Montana experience along with a healthy dose of arts, entertainment, and Native American history.
What is there to do in Great Falls Montana today?
12 Top-Rated Things to Do in Great Falls, MT
- Explore the River’s Edge Trail.
- Step Back into the Old West at the C.M. Russell Museum.
- Soak in the Grandeur at Giant Springs State Park.
- Dive into History at the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center.
- Hike the Interpretive Loop at First Peoples Buffalo Jump State Park.
Can you see the Northern Lights in Great Falls Montana?
The last time the northern lights made an appearance in Great Falls was in April 2018. The possibility of actually seeing the northern lights also increases with a town or city’s latitude. Great Falls notably sits at a magnetic latitude of 54.9.
Is Great Falls MT safe?
According to one study, Great Falls ranks in the top 10 of the safest cities in the Treasure State. Some Great Falls residents said they totally agree.
What is great about Great Falls Montana?
Great Falls straddles the Missouri River and is known as the “Electric City” because of its numerous dams and power plants. Great Falls is a community with grand traditions, rich history and superb recreational and cultural amenities for the entire family.
Can you see mountains from Great Falls?
You can see why they call that wall of mountains west of Great Falls, “The Front.” On a clear day Steamboat, Scapegoat, Sawtooth, Castle Reef, Fairview, Ear, Choteau, Frazier, Old Man of the Hills and Walling Reef mountains are visible, all over 8,000 feet tall.
How far is Great Falls from the Canadian border?
Distance from Great Falls, Montana to Canadian Border Road, Ely, MN is 1030Miles or 1658 Km. You can get this distance about 16 hours 27 mins.
What month is best to see the northern lights?
To see the aurora borealis, you need to be in the right place at the right time and have the correct viewing conditions. The best time to see the northern lights are on dark, clear nights in the winter months and close to a New Moon. Generally, from September to April are the best viewing months.
Can you see the aurora borealis in Yellowstone?
Northern lights are not commonly seen at Yellowstone. According to rangers at the park, it’s a rarity that occurs only on a very clear night and, at best, will be quite faint. Better bet to see them would be at the national parks of Alaska!
Can you see the northern lights in Glacier National Park?
You can see aurora borealis any time of year in Glacier National Park, of course. The foot of Lake McDonald, near Apgar, is a great spot to watch for northern lights in the spring.
What’s it like living in Great Falls Montana?
With safe neighborhoods, great schools, abundant recreational opportunities, excellent health care facilities and the majestic Montana landscape right in your backyard, you’ve made the right choice. As Montana’s third largest city with over 58,000 residents, Great Falls has lots to offer its residents.
What is the closest city to Great Falls Montana?
Cities near Great Falls, Montana: Helena, MT. Lewistown, MT. Havre, MT.