- 1 What should I know before moving to Missoula?
- 2 Is Missoula a great place to live?
- 3 Is Missoula a good place to raise a family?
- 4 Where is better to live Montana or Wyoming?
- 5 What are winters like in Missoula MT?
- 6 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 7 Why are so many people moving to Missoula?
- 8 Is Missoula a cool town?
- 9 What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
- 10 Where do the rich live in Montana?
- 11 What is the prettiest town in Montana?
- 12 What city in Montana has the lowest crime rate?
- 13 Why is Montana not safe?
What should I know before moving to Missoula?
15 Things To Know Before Moving To Missoula Montana
- Montana Has Low Population.
- You Will Want To Explore Nature.
- Cost Of Living Below The National Average.
- Public Universities Are Worth Considering Here.
- You Will Find Beautiful Houses.
- Montana Is A Divided State Politically.
- You Might Want A Car With 4-Wheel Drive.
Is Missoula a great place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
Is Missoula a good place to raise a family?
Missoula has the charm of a small town, the amenities of a big city, great public schools, and amazing outdoor activities. Statistically, Lewistown is the happiest city in Montana, so it makes sense that it’s a great place to raise a family. The good public school system and reasonable cost of living definitely help.
Where is better to live Montana or Wyoming?
Wyoming’s better governed for a long time so they have much better infrastructure, no income tax, huge rainy day funds, new schools everywhere, much better paid (30–50% higher than Montana) teachers and government workers, a much stronger taxbase (natural resources far more than tourism.)
What are winters like in Missoula MT?
The temperature does reach 100 degrees, but most nights are cool. In the winter, the Continental Divide shields the Missoula area from much of the severely cold arctic air that moves down from Canada. Many of the cold waves that slam into eastern Montana miss Missoula entirely.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
Why are so many people moving to Missoula?
36% said they’re originally from Montana. The biggest reasons people are coming here are safety, security and COVID-19 concerns. According to the same study, 75% of real estate agents surveyed got interested buyers from California, 56% from Washington and 49% from Colorado.
Is Missoula a cool town?
This week, Matador Network came out with their list of the 20 coolest towns in America. #6 on the Matador Network’s list of 20 coolest towns in America is Missoula, MT.
What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
Ronan City is ranked first for violent crime in Montana.
Where do the rich live in Montana?
In Montana, Missoula is home to more billionaires than any other city. A total of two billionaires live in Missoula with a combined net worth of $8.3 billion. Of Missoula residents with a minimum 10-figure net worth, Dennis Washington is the wealthiest, worth an estimated $6.3 billion.
What is the prettiest town in Montana?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Montana
- Bozeman. Architectural Landmark.
- Whitefish. Architectural Landmark.
- Hamilton. Architectural Landmark.
- Polson. Architectural Landmark.
- Lewistown. Architectural Landmark.
- West Yellowstone. Architectural Landmark.
- Anaconda. Architectural Landmark.
- Butte. Architectural Landmark.
What city in Montana has the lowest crime rate?
A closer look at the safest cities in Montana Glendive kept the top spot for the second year in a row and had the lowest violent crime rate in the state with just 5 total violent crimes reported.
Why is Montana not safe?
Montana ranks 49th in the country on the list for most vehicle fatalities. The state also ranks really high in occupational fatalities and bullying incidents.