- 1 How much is the average rent in Montana?
- 2 Why is it so expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
- 3 Is Missoula MT a good place to live?
- 4 What is the cheapest city to live in Montana?
- 5 Is everyone moving to Montana?
- 6 Are houses expensive in Montana?
- 7 What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
- 8 What is the prettiest city in Montana?
- 9 Is Missoula MT expensive?
How much is the average rent in Montana?
Although two-thirds of Montana’s residents are homeowners, rentals in the state offer some premium deals. A 2019 report from Apartment List shows the median studio rent in the state is $554. That comes out to $277 less than the national mark.
Why is it so expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula.
Is Missoula MT a good place to live?
Living in Missoula offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents rent their homes. In Missoula there are a lot of bars, coffee shops, and parks. Many young professionals live in Missoula and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Missoula are above average.
What is the cheapest city to live in Montana?
The 5 Most Affordable Cities in Montana
- Billings. Home to about 106,000 people, Billings is Montana’s largest city.
- Great Falls. Great Falls, often described as a “cowboy version of Mayberry,” offers a small-town experience at the confluence of the Missouri and Sun rivers.
Is everyone moving to Montana?
U-Haul recently released its 2020 Migration Trends, where it ranks all 50 states based upon migration growth. Out of all 50 states, Montana ranks #19. Montana has moved up on the list from 2019, when it was ranked #26.
Are houses expensive in Montana?
According to the Montana Regional MLS (which covers western Montana, including Flathead, Missoula, Lewis and Clark and surrounding counties), the average sales price for homes and property in the area has increased by more than $115,000 since June, to $455,472 in September.
What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
Ronan City is ranked first for violent crime in Montana.
What is the prettiest city in Montana?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Montana
- Bozeman. Architectural Landmark.
- Whitefish. Architectural Landmark.
- Hamilton. Architectural Landmark.
- Polson. Architectural Landmark.
- Lewistown. Architectural Landmark.
- West Yellowstone. Architectural Landmark.
- Anaconda. Architectural Landmark.
- Butte. Architectural Landmark.
Is Missoula MT expensive?
Missoula has a population of 72,364, making it both Montana’s second largest city and the 494th largest US city. Missoula has an average monthly rent of $852 which is substantially below the national average rent. The cost of living in Missoula is substantially lower than the national average.