- 1 What is the prettiest Key in Florida?
- 2 Where is the best place to live in the Florida Keys?
- 3 What is the biggest key in the Florida Keys?
- 4 Which Florida Key is most affordable?
- 5 Is Key West or Key Largo better?
- 6 Is it better to stay in Key Largo or Islamorada?
- 7 What celebrities live in the Florida Keys?
- 8 Is the drive from Miami to Key West worth it?
- 9 Why do the beaches in Key West stink?
- 10 What should you avoid in Key West?
- 11 Are the Florida Keys dangerous?
- 12 Which Florida Key has the clearest water?
- 13 Is there crocodiles in the Florida Keys?
- 14 Why is Key West so expensive?
- 15 Is Key Largo cheaper than Key West?
What is the prettiest Key in Florida?
Key Largo is home to one of the Florida Keys’ most famous scenic views with the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park.
Where is the best place to live in the Florida Keys?
The Key is a popular destination and is seen by many as the best area to live in the Florida Keys. Key Largo Real Estate offers housing options that are as diverse as its population. You will find upscale condos, apartments, beach-front cottages, single-family houses, and multi-million-dollar mansions.
What is the biggest key in the Florida Keys?
Largest of the keys is Key Largo, about 30 miles (50 km) long and formerly known for its plantations of key limes (used to make key lime pies).
Which Florida Key is most affordable?
Summary – Cheapest Places to Live in Florida Keys The cheapest places to live in the Florida Keys based on total cost of living are Stock Island, Layton, and Big Pine Key. There are also some pockets of cheap housing around Key Largo, Little Torch Key, Marathon, and Key West.
Is Key West or Key Largo better?
Key West is a party town filled with nightlife and activity, while Key Largo is more laid-back and relaxed. But if you’re looking for more things on the natural side, Key Largo has more to offer. In other words, if you’re looking for a laid-back, relaxing vacation with outdoor activities, Key Largo is the way to go.
Is it better to stay in Key Largo or Islamorada?
If you are looking to get a “feel” for the Keys on a very short stay, Islamorada is your best bet. Key Largo is nice, but it kind of reminds me of just any old southern town. Islamorada has a more “laid back” vibe, and offers more activities, at least in my experience.
What celebrities live in the Florida Keys?
FAMOUS CELEBRITIES WHO’VE LIVED IN KEY WEST
- President Harry S. Truman.
- Ernest Hemingway. Hemingway is perhaps Key West’s most famous resident.
- Judy Blume. Another famous author to have a home in Key West is Judy Blume.
- Jimmy Buffett. Most people don’t realize that Jimmy Buffett got his musical start right here in Key West.
Is the drive from Miami to Key West worth it?
The Miami to Key West Drive is absolutely stunning. There are tons of entertaining stops, and the drive itself is lined with brilliant blue beaches and gorgeous green trees. Basically, it’s the ideal road trip. Plus, you’ll get to see so much of Florida at once.
Why do the beaches in Key West stink?
That ubiquitous smell is decaying sargassum, islands of floating, brown sea algae that is piling up along the beaches of Key West, the Florida peninsula, Mexico and other Caribbean islands. Happens every summer when the winds and currents come from the south.
What should you avoid in Key West?
Avoid these 5 tourist traps to keep your Key West vacation relaxing and enjoyable
- T-Shirt Shops. For years, Key West had a well-documented problem with Duval Street t-shirt shops.
- $5 Shops. Many of the shady t-shirt shops have tried a new line of attack – the $5 store.
- Jewelry Stores.
- Shady Art Galleries.
- Cosmetic Shops.
Are the Florida Keys dangerous?
The Florida Keys, located on the northern edge of the Caribbean, are sometimes vulnerable to hurricanes. A hurricane threat may mean a mandatory evacuation of nonresidents, but there will usually be plenty of advanced warning.
Which Florida Key has the clearest water?
Fort Zachary Taylor Park Beach, Key West Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park is a National Historic Landmark that offers some of the clearest blue waters for snorkeling and diving in Key West.
Is there crocodiles in the Florida Keys?
American saltwater crocs are increasingly common in the Keys and South Florida now that their populations have rebounded after almost going extinct in the 1970s. American crocodiles are primarily found in South Florida and can be seen often swimming in Keys canals.
Why is Key West so expensive?
But the reason Key West commands high prices is that it is a special one-of-kind city. With history going back hundreds of years, well-preserved architectural gems, a funky street life and great outdoors activities in the surrounding waters, it’s a shame to pass up Key West because it is expensive.
Is Key Largo cheaper than Key West?
Key West is more expensive than Key Largo but has more to offer.