- 1 Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
- 2 What is Missoula Montana known for?
- 3 What should I know before moving to Missoula?
- 4 Why is Missoula so expensive?
- 5 What is the prettiest city in Montana?
- 6 Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
- 7 What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
- 8 Where is better to live Montana or Wyoming?
- 9 What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
- 10 Is Missoula a cool town?
Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
What is Missoula Montana known for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. And we proudly live our history – Native American and Lewis & Clark to Smokejumpers and Glacial Lake Missoula.
What should I know before moving to Missoula?
15 Things To Know Before Moving To Missoula Montana
- Montana Has Low Population.
- You Will Want To Explore Nature.
- Cost Of Living Below The National Average.
- Public Universities Are Worth Considering Here.
- You Will Find Beautiful Houses.
- Montana Is A Divided State Politically.
- You Might Want A Car With 4-Wheel Drive.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.
What is the prettiest city in Montana?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Montana
- Bozeman. Architectural Landmark.
- Whitefish. Architectural Landmark.
- Hamilton. Architectural Landmark.
- Polson. Architectural Landmark.
- Lewistown. Architectural Landmark.
- West Yellowstone. Architectural Landmark.
- Anaconda. Architectural Landmark.
- Butte. Architectural Landmark.
Is Missoula Montana worth visiting?
Missoula is considered the arts capital of Montana, and even though I knew that before arrival, I was still impressed by the many art galleries, funky artwork, and overall appreciation for the finer things in life that I found. If you’re still hankering for some culture, Missoula also has a FREE art museum.
What are the 5 valleys of Missoula?
They are: ‘The Clark Fork Valley’ to the West, the ‘Flathead Valley ‘ to the North, the ‘Blackfoot Valley’ to the NE, the ‘Deerlodge Valley’ to the East and the ‘Bitterroot Valley’ to the South.
Where is better to live Montana or Wyoming?
Wyoming’s better governed for a long time so they have much better infrastructure, no income tax, huge rainy day funds, new schools everywhere, much better paid (30–50% higher than Montana) teachers and government workers, a much stronger taxbase (natural resources far more than tourism.)
What is the most dangerous city in Montana?
Ronan City is ranked first for violent crime in Montana.
Is Missoula a cool town?
This week, Matador Network came out with their list of the 20 coolest towns in America. #6 on the Matador Network’s list of 20 coolest towns in America is Missoula, MT.