- 1 How many sunny days does Missoula Montana have?
- 2 How hot does it get in Missoula?
- 3 Which is colder Bozeman or Missoula?
- 4 Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
- 5 What is the cheapest city to live in Montana?
- 6 Where do the rich live in Montana?
- 7 How bad are the winters in Missoula Montana?
- 8 What is Missoula known for?
- 9 Which part of Montana is the most beautiful?
- 10 Is Bozeman pretty?
- 11 Is Missoula worth visiting?
How many sunny days does Missoula Montana have?
On average, there are 159 sunny days per year in Missoula. The US average is 205 sunny days. Missoula gets some kind of precipitation, on average, 120 days per year. Precipitation is rain, snow, sleet, or hail that falls to the ground.
How hot does it get in Missoula?
In Missoula, the summers are short, warm, and mostly clear; the winters are freezing and partly cloudy; and it is dry year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 18°F to 87°F and is rarely below 2°F or above 96°F.
Which is colder Bozeman or Missoula?
Bozeman is far colder because it is on the other side of the continental divide. Missoula’s spring is usually 2 or 3 weeks ahead of Bozeman’s. 3. Bozeman has bigger mountains for hiking but Missoula has rafting/floating pretty much right downtown.
Is Missoula Montana a good place to live?
Missoula has been a somewhat high crime city for a while, but fortunately, crime rates haven’t increased over the past year. Still, it’s possible to live in a high crime area and not experience any personal harm. Overall, violent crime only accounts for 9% of total incidents in Missoula.
What is the cheapest city to live in Montana?
The 5 Most Affordable Cities in Montana
- Billings. Home to about 106,000 people, Billings is Montana’s largest city.
- Great Falls. Great Falls, often described as a “cowboy version of Mayberry,” offers a small-town experience at the confluence of the Missouri and Sun rivers.
Where do the rich live in Montana?
In Montana, Missoula is home to more billionaires than any other city. A total of two billionaires live in Missoula with a combined net worth of $8.3 billion. Of Missoula residents with a minimum 10-figure net worth, Dennis Washington is the wealthiest, worth an estimated $6.3 billion.
How bad are the winters in Missoula Montana?
In the winter, the Continental Divide shields the Missoula area from much of the severely cold arctic air that moves down from Canada. When this happens, cold air is funneled through Hellgate Canyon; severe blizzards can result. After the valleys of western Montana fill with cold air, prolonged cold spells can occur.
What is Missoula known for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. And we proudly live our history – Native American and Lewis & Clark to Smokejumpers and Glacial Lake Missoula.
Which part of Montana is the most beautiful?
21 of the most beautiful places to visit in Montana
- Glacier National Park – one of the most stunning places to visit in Montana.
- American Prairie Reserve – a huge and very beautiful nature reserve to explore in Montana.
- Rocky Mountains – a beautiful place to explore outdoor fun and rugged nature.
Is Bozeman pretty?
Bozeman, Montana, is a scenic little town with a population of just under 49,000, nestled in the Rocky Mountains. It is often described as a sleepy outdoor paradise with excellent food — and it is — but Bozeman is also booming.
Is Missoula worth visiting?
It is exactly the type of place I love visiting. A vibrant arts culture, foodie cafes & restaurants, an up and coming craft beer scene, and known to have some of the friendliest people around. It’s also a place with rustic architecture and is incredibly photogenic no matter the season.