- 1 What does the L on Mount Jumbo stand for?
- 2 How tall is Mount Jumbo?
- 3 What is Missoula Montana known for?
- 4 What is the L in Missoula Montana?
- 5 How tall is Mt Jumbo Juneau?
- 6 How long does it take to climb to the M in Missoula?
- 7 How tall is Mount Sentinel?
- 8 What is the prettiest city in Montana?
- 9 Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
- 10 Why is Missoula so expensive?
What does the L on Mount Jumbo stand for?
The Mount Jumbo ” L.” KELSEY JAE WARDELL/Missoulian. The ” L ” – The letter “ L ” cemented onto the face of Mount Jumbo represents Loyola Sacred Heart Catholic High School, situated at the base of the mountain. The trail to the “ L ” gains 500 feet in elevation over 1.5 miles. ( Wikipedia)
How tall is Mount Jumbo?
Mount Sentinel “M” Trail: The trailhead is located on the University of Montana campus. It is 3/4 mile to the “M” and 1 3/4 miles to the very top of Mount Sentinel.
What is Missoula Montana known for?
Missoula is known for its blue-ribbon trout fishing (made famous by A River Runs Through It) and spectacular natural beauty. The outdoor recreational opportunities are limitless. And we proudly live our history – Native American and Lewis & Clark to Smokejumpers and Glacial Lake Missoula.
What is the L in Missoula Montana?
The L, in case you’re wondering, stands for Loyola Sacred Heart High School. The trail immediately starts heading uphill, and the view of Missoula begins to reveal itself. Looking to the south, you can see the University of Montana.
How tall is Mt Jumbo Juneau?
Mt Jumbo aka Mt Bradley is the tallest peak on Douglas Island in Juneau, Alaska. This 3,337 foot mountain is easily seen from downtown and the hike to the summit is deceptively difficult. You go from about 40 feet above sea level to 3,337 in 3 miles.
How long does it take to climb to the M in Missoula?
My best time up and back down for the traditional ” M ” trail is about 28 minutes walking while the summit of Mt Sentinel is about an hour and fifteen minutes.
How tall is Mount Sentinel?
It was explored by Meriwether Lewis of the Lewis and Clark Expedition during the 1806 return trip from the Pacific. The river is named for William Clark. A middle segment of the river in Montana was formerly known as the Missoula River. The river was also referred to as the Deer Lodge River by Granville Stuart.
What is the prettiest city in Montana?
The Most Beautiful Towns in Montana
- Bozeman. Architectural Landmark.
- Whitefish. Architectural Landmark.
- Hamilton. Architectural Landmark.
- Polson. Architectural Landmark.
- Lewistown. Architectural Landmark.
- West Yellowstone. Architectural Landmark.
- Anaconda. Architectural Landmark.
- Butte. Architectural Landmark.
Is it expensive to live in Missoula Montana?
Missoula has a population of 72,364, making it both Montana’s second largest city and the 494th largest US city. Missoula has an average monthly rent of $852 which is substantially below the national average rent. The cost of living in Missoula is substantially lower than the national average.
Why is Missoula so expensive?
Housing costs are so rising quickly in Missoula because of “remarkable growth” in the economy and population, says Eran Pehan, director of Housing and Community Development for the city of Missoula. And a lot of that comes down to housing supply,” she says.